Tascam 38

kubeek

Does anyone know anything about this analog 8-track? I just saw it in a bazar, and maybe I will buy it.
What price is usual for such deck?

Assuming there are no accessories with it, and not being able to fully test I'd pass. That is pretty rich...

its a terrific machine. I've owned it for a while and cory there (sweetbeats) was able to get me some help on repairing it. If there is some way of finding out thats its fully functional then i'd say grab it. If not, don't. Or perhaps bargain down.

As far as the recordings it produces, in my opinion they sound incredible. I've already recorded 90% of my personal Extended Play on it and my group is recording its debut record on it and everything so far has come out top notch. You may wonder what I'm comparing it too when i say top notch. I've recorded at multi-million-dollar digital studios and in my honest opinion if you've got a decent room to work in and you know a little bit about mic placement and mixing and all that good stuff then this machine beats those places in the ass.

Back