sticky pinch roller

FALKEN

ok. so i bought a tascam 42 off of ebay for real cheap and the pinch roller is sticky as hell. i didn't notice as I was cleaning the machine until I got to it and all of this black stuff came off. it is just *really* sticky. I am sick and tired of these f-ing assholes selling broke ass shit on ebay, claiming it is in "good working condition".

now, I have read a lot of disclaimers that say "do not clean your pinch roller with alcohol because it will dry out". it seems like this might be just the perscription i need. has anybody else had this type of experience?

okay nevermind that i just looked at it again and this pinch roller is 100% worthless. any thoughts out there? know where to get a new one? how much this sort of thing costs?

Not sure, but hammer the guy with a neg. feedback if he doesn't compensate you somehow. These guys that say how "perfect" the item is , but sell "as-is" suck!!! Most of the time it's some nit-wit that doesn't even know what a multi tracker does, let alone if it's in "good condition"......what does that mean to them anyway?, that it doesn't have tire tracks on it!!

i was able to get it open and get the pinch roller out (which turned my fingers black). it measures 5/8" inches wide. would I then order the 1/2" model? (close enough?)) im not really sure.

goldtopchas said:
Not sure, but hammer the guy with a neg. feedback if he doesn't compensate you somehow. These guys that say how "perfect" the item is , but sell "as-is" suck!!! Most of the time it's some nit-wit that doesn't even know what a multi tracker does, let alone if it's in "good condition"......what does that mean to them anyway?, that it doesn't have tire tracks on it!!

yeah i dont think he knew anything because I found a certain amount of this black stuff on the heads, guides, etc etc etc. It all came off but it looks like the guy was able to thread a tape, play it, and then say "good working condition", while he actually made things worse.

Tascam has them new just call them and tell them you want a pinch roller for a tascam 42. Also there is a chance all that black shit got on your tape path including the heads so make sure and clean the crap out of them.
Good luck with your machine

Back