Post Your Outrageous Junkbay Price Listings Here.

That's true, look at all the people buying NOS Ampex 456 for lots of money only to find out it's a sticky shed nightmare.

One hundred years of sound recording has left us with a legacy of the equivalent of five petabytes of professionally recorded audio. Some tapes have turned out bad.

Are people still trying to sell that stuff?

I just talked him out of the CT-7000 for $150 by explaining the comparative value of various coveted Casio keyboards. Do never test a Casiotone expert. :cool:

Your going to need a separate house just for your keyboard collection!

Most of them are standing against my bedroom wall. The FZ-1 is on a chrome Casio stand I found on Ebay that was made especially for the heavy old Casio pro synths. It's a beautiful thing, son. The HT-6000 is on a rickety old stand that came with the CT-410V. It will be replaced with a new double-braced stand soon. The CT-410V, CT-7000, and CZ-3000 will get the same treatment. If I get a CZ-1, I'm going to sell the 3000.

Got another live one here folks. Otari MTR-10C $4,250.00 Buy it now is $4,675.00 He says the heads have 75% life left. I was told that this deck was about $7,500.00 new. Ya think it'll sell?? See for yourself.

This is an MTR-10/C NAB Mastering deck for sale. It's clean, fully functional, one owner, never been in a smoke filled room, with full service manual and can be yours for just $4500.00. Original heads with 75% life left on them. Remote RTZ with 100' cable, inc. Included is one new spare audio plug in I/O board and a new capstan motor. Taken out of daily service in 1995, never been in a radio station, only one person using the machine from day one. It also cuts an outstanding sounding recording.
Otari Deck For Sale MTR-10/C - eBay (item 220746077008 end time Mar-08-11 12:20:47 PST)

Got another live one here folks. Otari MTR-10C $4,250.00 Buy it now is $4,675.00 He says the heads have 75% life left. I was told that this deck was about $7,500.00 new. Ya think it'll sell?? See for yourself.

No one even bid on it. Not only because of the outrageous price, but because the seller has zero feedback. Buying from someone with no feedback is usually a hassle because a lot of sellers can't come up with the money to ship the item ($125 in this case) until they receive payment, and Ebay holds their payments for several weeks. Buyers know this and don't bid.

No one even bid on it. Not only because of the outrageous price, but because the seller has zero feedback. Buying from someone with no feedback is usually a hassle because a lot of sellers can't come up with the money to ship the item ($125 in this case) until they receive payment, and Ebay holds their payments for several weeks. Buyers know this and don't bid.

What a surprise hu.

Ya, that's a little high. I thought I seen the same model going for about 130.00

Yeah I think I paid about 60 bucks for my tidy 122mkII....now granted it only worked for 3 months before the capstan ground to a halt :D ....one of these days I'll dig in there and see what's up, good decks when working!

THIS IS NOT A JUNKBAY POST BUT A CRAIGSLIST POST. I thought it was worthy of a mention in the outrageous category. Tascam studio deck - $220
tascam studio deck
If you can see the pic, you'll notice the top of the deck looks like it someone tried to open it with a pry bar.

Quantegy 457 Grand Master Blank Reel to Reel Tape - eBay (item 350447274987 end time Apr-12-11 18:59:24 PDT)

The seller is acc4289 and he should be avoided at all costs. Here he has used 7" 457 for $32.99 each Buy-it-Now. That's more than this goes for new in box. Reading one of his listings reveals he knows just enough to be dangerous. he seems to justify selling used tape for these high prices because he claims he, "Tests" each tape. He also provides erroneous information about tape in general. What he doesn't know is that neither Quantegy nor Maxell need to be, "Tested." Neither suffer from sticky shed or loss of lubricant. More importantly... DON'T BUY USED TAPE!!!

Here's another absolutely absurd Buy-it-Now.

10 Maxell XLI 35-90B(N) Tested Reel to Reel Tapes - eBay (item 350444606614 end time Apr-02-11 19:57:55 PDT)

He wants $279.99 for 10 used Maxell XLI 35-90B. He calls them "Tested." What you should be reading when he says that is the word, "Used." This one he calls a, "Maxell XLI Tape Blowout!" Yeah, like a tire blowout in the middle of the night on a deserted highway... it's something you don't want! LOL :D :p

Back