Otari MTR-10 help needed...

Randy Warren

howdy, got this one a couple of months ago, was used in a local (DC-101) studio, and looks it! Heads in nice shape though, not much wear at all, I have been working through this machine fixing one problem after another, the latest to rear it's ugly head is the adjustment of the reel tables, my feed table is too low, and the reels rub against the metal cover (what I think is called the "dress cover"?...), using the instructions, I got to the adjustment feature, however, the reel turntable support hub is frozen! In fact, there is a dent in the dress cover, it looks like someone at one time tried to raise the hub and dented the cover. Following the instructions in the manual, I note, and have seen on eBay, that the motors are mounted on brackets that attached to ? on the machine, in mine, the reel motors attach to a large cast metal top member onto which the various parts are mounted, motors will not come out unless the reel tables are removed. Any suggestions on getting the frozen tables off? thanks!

Not sure if this will help since I've not had to deal with this problem but I was wondering if you could just buy a cork spacer to fix the problem on a temporary basis?

may have to do that, although that does not give me the "fine tuning" option of setting up the tape path. btw, did you get your lamps?

Do you mean that the axles are frozen, or that you can't loosen the hex screws which hold the reel tables to the axle?

Back