New Bad Tape Seller on eBay: blue3602000

B

Beck

Selling Sticky-Shed 456 1/2" Tape after being told by me that it is. I contacted him about a previous listing, but he has now blocked me from contacting him, so if someone could please contact him and tell him this new listing is not late enough date to be the new stable binder. The binder was was changed in late 1994, but would have to be date code 94300 or later and even that could be a crap shoot and not worth the risk.

AMPEX 456 GRANDMASTER NEW TAPES 10 1/2" X 1/2" REEL - ORIGINAL AMPEX BOXES | eBay

This is absolutely the worst kind of eBay seller because he has some knowledge of sticky shed and dates, which he no doubt got from me on this forum, and he is giving the appearance that he is some sort of expert to mislead potential buyers. In simple terms he is deliberately lying. I was going to contact him this time to let him know he will either change the listing or I will report him to eBay. Well, shucks... now that I can no longer contact him I guess he will be surprised when eBay contacts him.

So anyway, this absolutely is tape from the end of the sticky-shed era. He's charging too much anyway, so hopefully no one falls for it.

If it's someone from this forum... cut it out! I'm not using the simple ebay report forum to report this listing, but I'm using the long forum where I can write an explanation of what the seller is doing. This is fraud... a deliberate misrepresentation of an item.

I don't appreciate people using what has basically become a web book I've written over the years on Sticky-Shed, and misconstrue it to sell bad tape.

Again, this guy isn't making a mistake; he's been told and obviously knows better. He should hear from all of us.

blue3602000 is now on my official shit list along with tapeandtape as tape sellers to avoid. Tell all your friends on other forums so they don't wind up buying this garbage.

I don't think the reels match that era at all either. They should have a different set of stickers on them. The only time I've seen that rainbow ampex sticker is from the plain grey boxes. This guy is completely FOS.

I don't think the reels match that era at all either. They should have a different set of stickers on them. The only time I've seen that rainbow ampex sticker is from the plain grey boxes. This guy is completely FOS.

Yes exactly! That's what I told him on an earlier listing for a used reel, which he's using the same photo. The box could be form 1994, but you can tell by the sticker that the reel is from the 80's and who really knows when the tape was made or if it's even Ampex. Once the reel is out of the sealed plastic bag all bets are off. Here's the other listing with the same photo.

AMPEX 456 GRANDMASTER TAPE 10 1/2" X 1/2" REEL - ORIGINAL AMPEX BOX | eBay

And he wants $50.00 for a used tape? I won't even sell new 456 for that high when I have some extra around, and my tape is obviously good because I know what I'm doing and I only sell new. This guy is an ass!

He also claims in that other listing for the four tapes that he's going to change the photo to one of the actual tapes, but he hasn't done it yet. That's just another ruse to get people to use Buy-it-Now.

I wouldn't buy so much as a guitar pic from this guy.

Back