Mono switch?

StarMan

I've got an old Mackie 1402 VLZ3 mixer in my project studio, I mainly use it more for general volume control of monitor speakers and basic EQing. I want to ask if there is a switch or something on the unit that allows me to listen to playback in mono without the need to constantly be plugging and unplugging cables?

I know I could get a Mackie big knob which would the job, but I wanted to see if my mixer already had this option.

Greetings.

After looking at the control surface my answer is no, there is no mono output functionality on the 1402 VLZ3. I followed that review of the control surface up by perusing the manual, which supported my initial assessment.

Couldn't you connect the output of your interface to a pair of the mic/line inputs and use the pan controls to change between stereo and mono?

It may be as easy as simply pressing a mono button on the master output of your DAW. It depends on what you are using. Reaper has this function.

DOH! Found a solution, it was staring at me in my face.

have plugged in my monitor speakers into Line/Mic 1 and 2 of Mackie mixer and using the PAN buttons rather than have one panned left and right, I just pan both to the centre! Now I can hear the mix in mono.

Thanks for your help.

Back