help please - what mixer?

Of course I mean the TASCAM. Didn´t know the thing was so HUGE! Grabbed a helmet when getting it across the doorstep but my woman didn´t hit me after all ;)
Am trying to get to grips with the connection thing and everything - there is much I do not udnerstand yet (although this was a great place for help!) but I just ordered a manual off ebay ... it´s in the U.S. so it will take some time to arrive. All these knobs are intimidating - I will start fooling around with it tomorrow and see what I can find out.
Have to think of my father-in-law who just died ... old farmer, lived off next to nothing, hardly any money coming in through his pension. Not only had he spent most of that little money to charity or saved it for his grandchildren - there was nothing for us to pay for his funeral, he had provided for all that with maybe a tenth of what my wife and I earn every month. Whenever it will be my turn, my heirs will have to not only pay for the funeral and everything, they will have to pay for getting rid of all the useless junk I have amassed just for fooling around with it! Boys become men and only the toys get more expensive ...

Didn´t know the thing was so HUGE! Grabbed a helmet when getting it across the doorstep but my woman didn´t hit me after all ;)

Oh HAHAHAHA! :D

You have wisdom on your side.

Yes...it is big, and when you realize that the size was even reduced by using some stacked controls (the TRIM controls and two of the EQ bands). BUT, the size is nice if ever you have used a mixer where the knobs are small and everything is crammed together. :mad::rolleyes:

I wish I still had an M-300 mixer...I'd make a video tutorial for you...seriously.

Let us know how we can help best, and congratulations. It really is a great mixer, and will be a nice compliment to your Model 80.

Maybe as you have questions about certain controls I can use pictures from the brochure and draw lines to show where controls get their signal from and where the signal goes. That's been the best help for me when I'm getting used to a new mixer...after all, that is, in the simplest of terms, what a mixer does. Takes signals, matches levels, groups signals together and sends them on.

Back