Fostex E16

Sherif Nour

Hi ,

this is Sherif Nour , i used to work with fostex E16 long ago , and after the digital recording starts, i left everything running behinde audio interfaces,DAW , etc...
just yesterday i opened my Fostex E16 and i enjoyed the worm sweet sound :) , my wish is to sync it with my Fireface 400 , or my 003 rack, and work with myLogic pro 9.

what to do ? i have a midi sync box ( PPS-1 Midi to Tape Sync ) some one want to sell me this box, have no catalogue or any chart to tell me what to do :(
is this useful with my E 16 ?

thank you so much

Sherif Nour

Hey man! Welcome to HR.

Yeah, I think either the midi sync box or the external Fostex syncroniser would do the trick, but I'm sure guys like Miroslav or Beck could be way more helpfull than me.

What is typically your maximum track count when recording? That is, how many tracks do you really use? You may not benefit from synchronization. If I had a 16-track analog deck I wouldn't worry about it. I would track with the E-16 and transfer to digital in one step.

thank you Beck . i compose film music and epic music , now the digital recording involved into my work , i must import a video into my DAW and work , but i need to listen the analog feeling inside my music ( actually i miss this )
, so i need both digital and analog , i have many virtual instruments and also some external modules , synchronization is very important to go on with both analog and digital, i don't know exactly how many tracks i use , sometimes more than 16.

An incomplete PPS-1 manual can be found on the internet. It is only missing the drawings of the jack locations.

Back