Eraser Head Problem

Codyash

Hey guys,
There seems to be a problem with the eraser head on my Fostex a8. I went to record over a previously recorded track and when I played it all back it played the previous track AND the new track over top of that. I've cleaned all the heads on the machine so there isn't any sticky shed causing any problems. Am I right in assuming that this is an eraser head problem? This is only happening on tracks 1, 2, and 7.

It might be worth swapping audio cards over and see whether the fault moves. IIRC the A8 has two channels per card.

You are the same guy who had trouble with dirty heads a little while ago. So this is probably the same problem. You need to scrub the heads really hard to make sure there is nothing on them. Sticky tape can leave a clear residue on heads, very difficult to remove.
Use toilet paper or Qtips, and methylated spirits or isopropyl alcohol. Rub very hard, but just with your fingers. Keep going till the toilet paper comes away clean.

You are the same guy who had trouble with dirty heads a little while ago. So this is probably the same problem. You need to scrub the heads really hard to make sure there is nothing on them. Sticky tape can leave a clear residue on heads, very difficult to remove.
Use toilet paper or Qtips, and methylated spirits or isopropyl alcohol. Rub very hard, but just with your fingers. Keep going till the toilet paper comes away clean.

I was hoping that would be the issue, but I made sure to clean it extremely well. Hasn't made the problem any better unfortunately. :(

Back