Studio Projects VTB-1 or M-Audio DMP3

Mindset

I'm debating on which one to get, the VTB-1 or DMP3, can someone tell me which one is better and why? I'm recording with a MXL 990, sonic maximizer, composer pro XL, furman 31 channel short throw eq, behringer 1222 fx mixer, and a m-audio 24/96

personally, i just liked the fact that the DMP3 had two channels of mic/DI and didn't futz with tubes.

The VTB-1 is better because it has more gain (+72dB vs. +66dB with the DMP3), variable impedance, an insert point, and the tubey thing.

The DMP3 is better because it has two channels, gain pads, and cool looking VU metering.

Bottom line: neither one sucks for under $100/channel. Get the one that gives you a woody...and know that you're a sick freak for getting a woody over a piece of audio gear. :p

I had both the DMP3 and VTB1 and kept the DMP3.

Both are excellent but I found the DMP3 to be a little cleaner and offered a little more detail.

will the dmp3 work with my tascam 424mk3? Just connecting it up right?
Yes it will, I'm just not sure why you'd want to spend your money there... I'd be seriously considering replacing that Tascam relic from the last century with a digital interface for your computer.

But that said, The DMP will be an item that you'll hold onto regardless of your recording interface (Tascam Cassette Mutitrack or DAW ad/da interface).

I want to buy a DMP3. I saw a guy using dmp3 for voice in youtube. It has a cleaner sound. Search for Happy 70th birthday John - Jealous guy cover chords + lyrics , and see for yourself

Back