Recommend an upgrade from Eventide H3000

Superhuman

Shagaholic
Thinking of upgrading my Eventide H3000D/SE Ultra HArmonizer. It's a great unit but not very flexible or up to date in it's physical design (no USB, SPDIF, or even 1/4 inch jacks - just xlr's). Anyone got any suggestions in the $1200 to $1500 price range (cheaper is ok too!!!). Don't mind hunting around on E-Bay either.
Was considering the Eventide Eclipse... amy users out there with an infomed opinion?
Any hardware out there that has similar quality effects that can act as a VST plug-in? I use SX3 so something along those lines would be great... if there is such a piece of gear...
Suggestions?

Isn't the Eclipse basically an updated version of the H3000? The H3000 is gaining cult status these days, a very in-demand "vintage digital" module. The eBay prices have been climbing for years now.

If you like the H3000 but need the digital I/O, then the Eclipse might be a good way to go.

Otherwise, I think you need to spend more money. A great module that would definitely give you more capabilities is the Kurzweil KSP8. But it costs a bit more than your budget.

The Kurzweils do sound pretty good, but the Eclipse is definately a unit of its own. It seems like it would suit your needs at this time as well:)

MOFO Pro said:
I think this is the first post I've ever seen upgrading FROM an H3000

I've got a 3000 fully tricked out - combines all the presets from all the 3000 series. But I can see why moving to one of the newer boxes with digital ins and outs could still be called an upgrade. If someone wanted to trade me an Orville or or anything from the 4000 and up series, I'd consider that an upgrade. Wouldn't you?

By the way, are we neighbors? I live in Nahant.

Noth Show

Born in Arlington, grew up in Stoneham, went to school in Waltham and Boston proper!

Edit: sorry to throw this even further off topic!

kojdogg said:
Born in Arlington, grew up in Stoneham, went to school in Waltham and Boston proper!
Born in Woburn, raised in Winchester, and lived in Arlington for about ten years before heading North to the seacoast... Winchester was safe... Arlington was convenient... but the North Shore is the place...

My studio is actually in Malden. Used to be my house,which I bought in 1992. Eventually the studio took over, and my girlfriend and I realized we needed another place to live. She was coming home from work and if I was recording she couldn't even flush the toilet.

I grew up spending every month of August near Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester - my grandparents used to rent a cottage. So I've got the North Shore in my blood. Nahant ended up being perfect - house on the water and only 11 miles door-to-door to my studio in Malden with no having to go through downtown Boston.

All you North Shore guys should PM me some info about your studios, if you have one. I get a lot of calls from people that I can't schedule who want to know about alternative recording sites in the area. Maybe I can throw some work your way.

Back