Adjusting Morley wah

Rezzonator

I have a morley wah-pedal which does not function such as I would want. When stepping down the wah-effect comes just when almost entirely pressed. Is there a possibility of adjusting this?
Also gives kicking in the on/off-button a considerable noise. Can that be remedied?

I've played around with the OLD Morleys. What model do you have? Any noise in the switch, sounds like it should be replaced.

I think most Morley's use variable interruption of an opto-coupler for peddle sensing. Take a look and see if there's a way to adjust that mechanism. Otherwise, it may be time to replace the opto-coupler.

If your model has a photo-sensor, (uses the light and an electric eye with a fabric interrupter,) it could be that the adhesive holding the fabric in place has come loose. Or the reflector (looks like cardboard backed aluminum foil) has come loose. Either of these are easily reattached with a good adhesive (I think the fabric was originaly just taped in place) or tape. If the light gets dirty or gets a lint ball between it and the sensor it will not work properly, if the light is out it wont work at all. The bulbs are not easy to find and have to be ordered from Morley and can take quite a while to get a replacement. As for the noisy switch, a good cleaning with contact cleaner might help, more likely the switch needs to be replaced. You may have to order the switch from Morley to get an exact replacement part. Morley products are generaly pretty dependable, but when something goes wrong with them, finding replacement parts can be a real pain in the a$$.

Back