Help with MIDI ; yamaha keyboard

tweedledee said:
so my gera arrived today except that my brother inlaw still hasn't modified t]my computer for the firewire. lemme ask you. is there anyway to record with the mixer ect, analog way,wihout plugging it inot my computer? just so i can get started?

Do you have a tape recorder? If so, you could take the outs of the mixer and use that. Then again, you could take the outs of the leyboard and do that too. :D

DavidK said:
Do you have a tape recorder? If so, you could take the outs of the mixer and use that. Then again, you could take the outs of the leyboard and do that too. :D
the outs? what's that?

tweedledee said:
the outs? what's that?
Sorry, the outs means "the headphone Jack". You take a cable from the keyboard or mixer and stick it into the input jacks of a tape recorder.

urgh. that's annoying. lemme try this. can you reccoemend a good cable for this purpose? i do not know the difference between the 5 dollar ones and the 100 dollar ones and the 30 dollar ones otr how long or what brand...cna you direct me to some good quality mid priced cable?

The links I gave you have some decent ones at different prices. You don't need to go high end...just stay away from the real cheapies. :)

Isnt there a way to record midi and then loop it back through and use the sounds on the keyboard? I need to look into this becuase I am buying a yamaha keyboard soon.

DAS19 said:
Isnt there a way to record midi and then loop it back through and use the sounds on the keyboard? I need to look into this becuase I am buying a yamaha keyboard soon.
Sure, thats what midi does. You record information and then it plays the keyboard for you, on any patch you wish.

tru

true once i have loaded a new style onto my keyboard how to i play it? i cannot seem to access it although io know it loaded properly?

Back