Stephen Paul Audio (SPA)

acorec

Banned
I just read on the PMI site that Stephen Paul Audio (SPA) is now a PMI company. Did PMI buy SPA out? If they did, then PMI holds all the secrets to mic building! PMI will rule the world if this is true and MAYBE we can all own a REAL SP mic for a low price someday.

Any thoughts?

acorec said:
I just read on the PMI site that Stephen Paul Audio (SPA) is now a PMI company. Did PMI buy SPA out? If they did, then PMI holds all the secrets to mic building! PMI will rule the world if this is true and MAYBE we can all own a REAL SP mic for a low price someday.

Any thoughts?

But you can already own a "Real SP mic" for a low price: the B and C series. An SPA mic, however, might cost you slightly more ;)

Personally, being a bland middle-of-the-road kind of guy ( ;) ), I'm looking forward to their E Series mics. Which have been forthcoming since... forever.

Re: Re: Stephen Paul Audio (SPA)

Mark7 said:
Personally, being a bland middle-of-the-road kind of guy ( ;) ), I'm looking forward to their E Series mics. Which have been forthcoming since... forever.
Me too! Should be soon...

acorec said:

Any thoughts?

That's news to me, I run our websites and that info doesn't exist anywhere.

CS,
The E Series is a new line for Studio Projects we've been planning for a while, designed by Brent as higher end mics made in the USA. Other information will be kept back until the release of the mics.

Mark7 said:
But you can already own a "Real SP mic" for a low price: the B and C series. An SPA mic, however, might cost you slightly more ;)

By real SP, I am assuming he means Real Stephen Paul mic.

acorec said:

Any thoughts?

According to the website (using your logic, acorec) , it looks like PMI bought Sony, too!

Boy, the profit margins on those B1's must be bigger than we thought!

All joking aside, I believe that PMI's affliation with Stephen Paul Audio is one of distribution and marketing only, same as with Sony.

H2oskiphil said:

I believe that PMI's affliation with Stephen Paul Audio is one of distribution and marketing only,

I have no problem with a major distributer handling the SPA mic line. as we have seen many times in our buisness, quality products (or artists for that matter) falling off the face of the earth due to the lack of any support.

acorec said:
Any thoughts?
I had a feel this was going to happen... and I'd say what else I think PMI is going to do, but no one will believe me (until after PMI does it) and they would never admit that I told them so.

DJL said:
I had a feel this was going to happen... and I'd say what else I think PMI is going to do, but no one will believe me (until after PMI does it) and they would never admit that I told them so.

I guess you didn't read Justin Hyatt's post.

DJL said:

Ahem. SPA is "Distributed" by PMI. They are not owned by PMI. They are owned by SPA. As I understand it, PMI puts the product in the stores much like they do for Sony. They do not "Own" SPA. So you have told us nothing as usual. Maybe you should re-read Justin's post enough times so it sinks in.

Justin Hyatt said:
That's news to me, I run our websites and that info doesn't exist anywhere.

CS,
The E Series is a new line for Studio Projects we've been planning for a while, designed by Brent as higher end mics made in the USA. Other information will be kept back until the release of the mics.

http://www.studioprojectsusa.com/links.html

Go to this link. It CLEARLY STATES THAT THE SPA IS A PMI COMPANY NO IF AND OR BUTS ABOUT IT.

Now I suppose you will start to argue that I can't read. I am not starting a bitch fest, but, if you maintain the website, you must have not read what it says. I just thought that PMI now owns Stephen Paul Audio.

Re: Re: Re: Stephen Paul Audio (SPA)

freshmattyp said:
Ahem. SPA is "Distributed" by PMI. They are not owned by PMI. They are owned by SPA. As I understand it, PMI puts the product in the stores much like they do for Sony. They do not "Own" SPA. So you have told us nothing as usual. Maybe you should re-read Justin's post enough times so it sinks in.

It is not DJL's fault at all. The website does clearly state that the Stephen Paul Audio company is a PMI company.

In acorec's defense it is misleading. If I wandered in off the street I would think PMI did in fact own SPA.

I'm outta here.

lou

So fucking what?

A reality check people……………………………;

Stephen Paul died recently!!! Any company owned by him will likely be tied up in legal issues for quite some time…………IN OTHER WORDS…………if SPA is a PMI owned business, it would have to have been arranged well before Stephen died. So what’s the issue?

Again, because Stephen’s forum was removed from RO, this can’t be easily proven, BUT I am sure that Stephen said that the mic development and manufacturing WAS NOT part of SPA, but a different business…………Stephen Paul Microphones, which would probably be included in Stephen’s estate.

Ask yourselves, do you want to see Stephen’s work disappear, or would you hope that PMI continue what they started with Stephen? If it’s the former, then just continue to post these inconsequential, nit-picking, fuck-arsed, muck-raking questions. If it’s the latter, then please show a modicum of common sense and let things take their natural course.

:cool:

Re: Re: Re: Stephen Paul Audio (SPA)

acorec said:
http://www.studioprojectsusa.com/links.html

Go to this link. It CLEARLY STATES THAT THE SPA IS A PMI COMPANY NO IF AND OR BUTS ABOUT IT.

Now I suppose you will start to argue that I can't read. I am not starting a bitch fest, but, if you maintain the website, you must have not read what it says. I just thought that PMI now owns Stephen Paul Audio.

Pardon me for being dense but it isn't all that clear to me. I'm at that site (studio projects) now. Where exactly does it state it?

Back