mics from pakistan?

Hey Alan,

Just visited your link, realize who you were.
My names Darian, and i was in there when you recorded the stuff for GNASH.

Well there you go, welcome the forum. By the way, how cheap can mics get? check out this thread. 2 Silver Bullets ($29 pair) how can I resist, if they are crap it was only $29 down the drain.

alan.

Yeah that is the sort of thing i am aiming for, still waiting on prices estimates, but i want to produce mics that are good quality but as low priced as is possible. Heard a good report bout those bullets at sound on sound, so hopefully i can get somewhere near that price range.

soundonsound.com/sos/sep11/articles/karma-silver-bullet.htm

Nah i'm not selling them locally in Pakistan im bringing them to aus to sell.

I know, my point was if people in Pakistan would rather buy 'branded' mics, wouldn't people in Australia be even more likely to ? Anyway, answering the original question, no I don't know anyone that makes mics here.

I know, my point was if people in Pakistan would rather buy 'branded' mics, wouldn't people in Australia be even more likely to ? Anyway, answering the original question, no I don't know anyone that makes mics here.
Because there are lots of hobbyists try to make good recordings that dont have the huge budget to buy the branded mics. So i want to produce something that is equal but at a lower price. This is how brands start, you don't just throw a product out there and instantly have a huge brand, you have to decided to make something different and push on with it a brand has to start somewhere.

Because there are lots of hobbyists try to make good recordings that dont have the huge budget to buy the branded mics. So i want to produce something that is equal but at a lower price. This is how brands start, you don't just throw a product out there and instantly have a huge brand, you have to decided to make something different and push on with it a brand has to start somewhere.

I hear ya. But you're looking at the wrong place my friend. You need China. You're thinking of Pakistan as a mini China but you're wrong (that's what I'm trying to tell you). Pakistan won't be as cheap or reliable, and you'll be limited too. I'm sure there are hundreds of factories churning out mics that'll slap on any sticker you want them to. I know they do that with guitars, a friend of mine bought one for $70. He sent them a picture of what he wanted, and they sent the exact same guitar back to him. It sounded like shit, but he was happy with it so I guess it's win win. Anyway, good luck !

Back