Microphone Collection

Fishmed

Since we have seen the guitar collections, I thought it might be interesting to see the different mics people use in their studios.

Yeah id really like to see what kinda collection everyone has. When everyone gives thier opinions on mic questions it would be cool to reference it by looking at thier collections.

two 57s
three Audio Technica mb2000L (3 for $89!!!, good for drums)
Sony Digital something or another
CAD Equitek condenser

Not a lot, but I guess I'll never have enough either.

the mics i use for recording include...

3*sennheiser 421
3*beta57
2*NT2
AKG D112
2*some beyer dynamic ribon mic
and some times i bring out my rode classic (my favorite)

[This message has been edited by HAWLK (edited 01-31-2000).]

2 Sennhieser 421
1 AKG D112
1 AKG D72-s
2 Dixon 1605

This isn't much but it works for now. The Dixons are basically 58 clones and sound exactly the same, maybe even better. The AKG D72 is almost a 58, but for $60 CDN i cant complain

1 AKG D770 (SM 57 Type)
1 Audio Technica Midnight Blues Small Condenser (440T I think).
1 Crown Boundry PZM (The ones Radio Shack Copies)
3 Peavy Instrument Mics
3 EV Dynamic MIcs
1 SHS Dynamic 28 (Sm-58)
1 Really old mic that mounts on a stand (for that "help I am in a tin box" sound)
Still shopping for a big condenser

mastahnke - couple days ago I tried out a contact pickup on my guitar that I'd had around for years and never used - Taiwanese no-name brand - and it had that 'trapped-in-a-tin-box' sound. Not high quality, but a nice, easy-to-like sound. Would've taken half an hour on the parametric EQ to come up with something like that.

And just so's I don't get kicked off:

Shure SM57 and 58
AKG C1000
Rode NT-1

Also, a Realistic PZM mic that doesn't work. Do dead mics count?

AT4033, TOA K2, CAD Sam Ash Model Dymanic (hey, it came free with my Tascam 424!), Shure SM58, 2 of those "top of the line" Radio Shack dynamics (hey I was young and foolish!), the crappy computer mic which came with my Dell (don't think this counts!)

Wish list - KM184 (for acoustic guitar!)
TLM103

-Evan "Feel free to donate your unused Neumanns" Gordon

I guess somebody has to post the most wimpy collection:
1 AKG C1000s
1 SM 57
1 Roland D-10 (sort of an SM58 clone)
1 EV RE-20
and 2 funky little plastic-bodied dynamic mics that came with my circa 1972 Rheem sound-on-sound 2-track reel-to-reel. They sound better than the Roland, and for some stuff equal or surpass the SM 57. "Play that funky techno, world boy!"

Raj, For wimpyness I got you beat

1 AT 41-HE
2 SM-57
2 CAD 22

*hopefully will have a RODE NT1 soon!

I used to have 2 V-tech mics (my firsts) a Radio Shat mic and a Cable UP mic that came with my TASCAM!> The Cable up was pretty cool but it broke (it had a real airy sound) and the others I lost at some point during my last move. (that's not so big a deal though I'd had them for three years)

Back