Which mic should i buy?

BlackForest

Hi i signed in 3 days ago and i know this isnt such a big deal - subject but i was wondering if you could guide me which microphone should i buy!
I want to record a voice and a classic guitar (maybe an amp too but i am not to sure) so some options that i ve got in mind are these :

AKG c1000s
SE Electronics se2000
Rode M3
AKG perception 120
Audio Technica At2020

Which do you think is better and why? Also if you have any other suggestion i am all ears! (but please under 100 euro)
(Obviously i am looking for a condenser mic)

Thanks,
Kostis

One of the problems is that no one here has tried all these different mics. So the best you will get is repsonses like:
" I have a XXXXX mic and it sounds good on YYYYYY" In those instances I would try and get a sample of their recording with details on what they used for effects etc. to see if it is to your liking and suits your needs.
Good luck - and I'm sure whichever mic you choose it will suit your needs until you get enough money to buy a better one.....:D:D:D

lol thanks!
@Capt Hair
The only mic from those that i can find available in greece (i live here) is the sm57 and its dynamic... (i am aware of the greatness of the 57)

@ido1957 No problem at all! I want as many opinions as i can get! :D
whichever mic you choose it will suit your needs until you get enough money to buy a better one
lol :D

I vote no on the 2020. It was the first LDC I ever bought and I hated it straight away. The M3 is a useful mic but is not great for distant micing purposes.

lol thanks!
@Capt Hair
The only mic from those that i can find available in greece (i live here) is the sm57 and its dynamic... (i am aware of the greatness of the 57)

@ido1957 No problem at all! I want as many opinions as i can get! :D

lol :D

I would not hesitate for a second to record acoustics with a 57 lol

These are the first mics I ever got. I used them primarily for recording acoustic guitar and let a friend of mine who was try to record a demo at home use the 990 and he got some pretty good results out of it for vocals.

I don't know if you could get those in greece or if anything try, them out locally, but that 990 has a pretty good sound when I was using it on my acoustic.

I would not hesitate for a second to record acoustics with a 57 lol.

Agree. But i am not sure if its suitable for vocals too...

These are the first mics I ever got] I used them primarily for recording acoustic guitar and let a friend of mine who was try to record a demo at home use the 990 and he got some pretty good results out of it for vocals.

Unfortunatly none of the MXL models is available here or dv247

I searched but couldnt find :( Do you have another suggestion (and maybe cheaper)?

Go with the M3. Better still, save for a little longer and get the NTG3 or an AT4040. Ultimately, any cheap mic you buy, you'll be trying to replace it inside a year.

Ok my bad i didnt cleared out one thing. I am an amateur at home recording and my expectations aint high... So as i said i want a mic under 100 euro that doesnt suck. I know that the best choice is to save up for something more expensive but i would prefer to buy it before christmas... If you think there is no chance that i can be pleased with a "cheap" mic then ok i ll save up...

Back