MF Stupid Deal of the Day - CAD CM217

mjbphotos

2 mics for $49.99, shipping included. I've been using 2 SM57 clones for 2-mic acoustic recording, thinking this could be another option!

Yuck man. I wouldn't go there myself.

CAD's give be a bad vibe. Never actually used one. Picked one up......set it back down.

As for inexpensive mic's go, I'd stick with the MXL's or 57's...on acoustic gtr, I prefer a couple 57's blended with my mxl 860 ribbon or my mxl v63 with the 860. I have a Blue: Bluebird....yuk on every thing, too bright and unforgiving, picks up everything.

I use a M179 for floor tom, but I have heard nothing much good about other models. Especially ones that cost less than a pair of cheap work boots.

I had those for 4 years as part of a drum kit set CAD makes and just recently sold them. For live events they make nice drum OHs, but on acoustic they aren't great. Not very terrible either. :D

But honestly if you don't have any SDCs you could give them a shot. It wouldn't be the end of the world if you don't like them.

On the other hand though, that deal only saves you ten bucks so maybe wait and see if anything else that's good comes up? Idk, depends on how tight you are with your cash!

That wouldnt be my first choice for acoustic guitar even in that price range. You could do two GLS ES-57's for 10 dollars more. Or two Karma K-Micros for 15 dollars less!

All I know of from Karma are those small omni microphones ... Similar to the ones that MShilarious sells.

That they do! I don't know if any of their other mics are as highly acclaimed as the reviews I have read on K-Micros.

Back