Behringer C1U or T.bone SC440 USB?

raresborcea

Both mics have an impressive spec list, the major differences being 40-20 000 Hz frequency for C1U and 20-18 000 Hz for SC440 USB, 100 Ohm impendance for C1U and 200 for SC440 USB. I really need an USB mic because I want to connect it to my laptop to record pop music and I cannot afford a mixer, so this is a cheaper solution. I read in forums that some have low volume from C1U, while others have no problems. Also, SC440 USB could have its problems. So, between these 2, which is your choice? And why? Did you faced any problems with any of these? (I know about Samson C01U but in my country is much more expensive compared to those 2.) Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You dont need a mixer, but it's strongly recomended that you get a usb interface and a normal xlr microphone.
Usb mics are for podcasters and will limit you severely.

You dont need a mixer, but it's strongly recomended that you get a usb interface and a normal xlr microphone.
Usb mics are for podcasters and will limit you severely.

Thank you for your answer. I understood what you said but in my country USB interfaces have a double price compared to countries like USA and I simply cannot afford one. So, between having a simple, dynamic microphone connected with a preamp to my laptop, or an USB studio mic (a cheap one, of course), I think that the USB one should be a better choice. And I still do not know which one is a better choice: the T.bone or the Behringer. What do you think?

Of the two I'd suggest the T.bone SC440 USB if only because Thomann offer very good support if something goes wrong. Behringer now have a 3 year warranty but there can be a lot of delays and posting back and forth from what I understand.

However, even if it's more money to start with, I'd STRONGLY recommend you spending that extra on a basic mic and interface. It may be more now but you'll be getting a system you can build on. With a USB mic, if you decide you want a different mic you just throw away the first one. With and interface you get a new mic and plug it in.

...and that's before you get into the question of latency and monitoring...

Thank you everybody for your answer! I bought the t.Bone SC440 USB. @kiwiBandit is right about C1U low volume. I talked with someone from a shop and he told me that the issue is real. The t.Bone is very good. I am satisfied with it and I recommend it.

Back