Akg d222

mixsit

AKG Model D 202 E1 and D 222

I got to hear these at a local PBS function.. I didn't know what they were but recognized what looked to be the old AKG head style and looked them up. I was very curious when someone got right up on the mic and the tone stayed the same!
I had heard about the dual diaphragm w/crossover mics- but did not know that was also a no proximity design.
I also didn't know there were (relatively) flat directional mics besides the EV RE's that also did 'flat off axis.
:)

Strange. It says the LF entry is from the base of the mic but it looks like only the 202 has slots. Maybe the pics don't show it, but I don't see slots on the 222.

Could be right.
You took up my whole night, by the way. I went to check my EV mics to see which had slots on them and somehow ended up doing an XLR conversion on an old ribbon mic I have! Cheers for that. :p

nice mics for radio on an anglepoise where you don't want the usual proximity effect - but found absolutely no use for mine on anything other than speech - at which it excels. For a while they used them (can't remember if it's 202 or 222) on the prime Minister in the HoC.

Back