Older Keyboards

Aidyn

So, I would like to know if you guys know of any older keyboards (and by older I just a few years) that aren't sold anymore but are still really good or that have interesting or unique features that I can look out for at flea markets, auctions, etc.

Especially ones that would be sold for under $500.

A couple off the top of my head:
Korg M1 (first really convincing sample-based synth. Ability to edit existing patches or create own sounds)
Korg O1W (interesting sound architecture options. Editing ability same as M1 but much more advanced)
Yamaha CS1x (analogue-style knob tweaking of filters)

Dags

Yamaha FS1R... OK, not a keyboard, a module, but man... FM with Formant synthesis... those formant filters are a beauty on that thing. YUM!

Korg Wavestation

Alesis Andromeda... talk about deranged! Wooohooo!

Yamaha FS1R... OK, not a keyboard, a module, but man... FM with Formant synthesis... those formant filters are a beauty on that thing. YUM!

Korg Wavestation

Alesis Andromeda... talk about deranged! Wooohooo!

All are totally awesome boards, but no way will he get any of them for less than $500

.....unless the software version of the wavestation eventually hammers the price of the hardware unit down

Dags

:D

I craved owning a Juno about 12 years ago - Finding 'analogue' synths in the early days of tech music became a real problem because everyone wanted them.
So I saved up and bought the Andromeda :cool:

Dags

Back