Tap Dancing on Pedals

Purge

Traitorous Usurper
I'm trying to see if there is a way to switch between the effects on my GT-6 and my Marshall's distortion without having to jump up and down on a bunch of footswitches. At band practice, I tried to switch from my crunchy noise to a cool swelly/flangery/clean/delay thing by precariously balancing both feet over my pedals and stepping on them simultaneously only to lose my balance and fall backwards, and I damn near ended up with a crash cymbal in my anus. Obviously, this would be something to avoid at gigs, although I might finally see some applause for a change...

The way I understand it, things like the Morley ABY and the Boss LS-2 are used to switch between two different effects units, but supposedly this can't be done to bypass an effects processor and switch directly to the amp's distortion. What do I do about this?

hmmm how about this ...

not sure ,and it may cost more thasn you want but you could take 2 a/b pedals and create an external effects loop . and you would have to play with th switching to get it right

example guitar>>>a/b >>a switch for effects>>b switch alt effects or line str8 to 2nd a/b switch >>>>then both lines go back into 2nd a/b switch >>>>then one line to amp ......

a/b switches usually work either way one guitar into 2 amps or 2 guitars into one amp you would use second switch as open on both channels into th one amp thereby only having to switch th first a/b for whatever line you wanted active .....confused ???

This Thang here is what you need.

Nine effects loops. Each one can be stereo, mono, or used as a latching switch (which means it can control your amps channel switching). There was a newer one out, which could also control midi devices, but I don't see that on the Rocktron website any more. Their current high end controller, ALL ACCESS may have the latching switch function, but I am pretty sure it does not have the effects loops.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Even better!!!!!!

I did some digging on google, and found THIS. Bob Bradshaw invented the idea of guitar effects switching systems like this, and if you look his stuff is very reasonably priced for what he is doing. You can use the RL-8, if you are a little creative, or you could get the 4X4 and make your life easy. You would still need a midi controler, but they are easy and cheap to come by.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

If that's a little out of your price range, try the Boss Line Selecter. Two effects loops with individual level controls, and a myriad of configurations (A-B-bypass, A-B, A+B, etc). They're around $125 new, but I've seen them as low as $40 or so one eBay.

Adam P said:
If that's a little out of your price range, try the Boss Line Selecter. Two effects loops with individual level controls, and a myriad of configurations (A-B-bypass, A-B, A+B, etc). They're around $125 new, but I've seen them as low as $40 or so one eBay.

The problem with that is it won't switch his amp. And distortion pedals do not sound the same.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

put both pedals right next to each other . . . then . . . sidestep on them both with one foot. duh!! :)

thats what i do. I have my mxr phase 90 on one side of my delay and a chorus on the other side stagered. My Flange is on the right of the phase and my two distortions are right next to each other. So i can go from light to heavey in one stomp.

Back