Massive clean/distortion volume discrepancy, tube head.

My Mark V is like that ..... a gain and a master on each channel and then an overall master for all the channels.
Almost have to have that to really get very different channels to match levels.
So why do you think more amps are not built that way?

So why do you think more amps are not built that way?
I don't know ..... I've had the same sort of issues that chamelious is having with very many channel switching amps thru the years.
In all fairness to him ..... it can be quite irritating and an actual problem in some situations.

So it seems like if you're gonna do a multi-channel amp at all then that should be a feature you include.
If you just don't like master volumes then you would tend toward a single channel amp in the first place.
But if you've already designed around the complexities of a channel switching amp then how hard could it be to simply add an overall master?

My Mark V is like that ..... a gain and a master on each channel and then an overall master for all the channels.
Almost have to have that to really get very different channels to match levels.

That's the way my Egnater modular system is set up. There are 4 preamp modules based on very different preamp designs, and each module has 2 channels. Each channel has a gain and channel master, and there is a master volume for the whole unit. Shit, with 8 channels going, volume matching is ... challenging! :D

Back