HELP, setting up an acoustic pickup for recording purposes(post production treatment)

underp

In terms of setting up an acoustic pickup for post treatment. It is better to leave the faders all the way up ?

my pickup only has 2 faders, (TONE & GAIN).

Anyone ? :D

You also may want to just go ahead an Mic it, I have never been able to get a profesional sounding recording from an acoustic pickup.

The gain fader seems like it's going to be adjusting just that.. the gain. I wouldn't have that all the way up. Get it to a point where it's not clipping.

Move the tone fader around until you like what you hear.

I'd suggest micing your guitar over using the pickup. It just sounds more natural that way. It's a bit more fun too.

I'm micing my guitar with a condenser also :), but it's type of "live" thing and i want to compensate with the pickup, because i don't have any compressor, and volume is not always uniform, so.... :)

My pickup only has values from "0 to 10" in both "tone & gain", so i don't exactly know how should i set it, to compensate.

Enough gain so a good solid signal is going into your recorder (with plenty of headroom of course)

just do what sounds best with the tone control.

Can you capture both miced and pup? You'd have two tracks to do interesting things like different pannings and reverbs and other FX.

Back