Buyer Beware. More guitar products that don't work.

A friend who is on the PRO side of the music/recording business just bought an inexpensive classical guitar and explained that he was going to 'open up' the grain/sound with an 'electric vibrator' (I asked him if it was really a dildo) - a 'secret tip' he had got from some pro guitarist. I sent him the link to this device, he was not surprised that someone made a business out of it.

I love reading about silly audio snake-oil tech. The guitar paint shaker is a pretty good example.

My favorite genre of snake-oil tech has to be for audiophiles. There are so manny utter bullshit products out there, it amazes me that there is a market for this stuff. Monster Cable isn't even the worst, they're just the largest offender (or at least one of them). How about Pear Cables? $1200 for a .5 meter RCA cable pair? Wow! Take that, Monster!

I just found this wonderful site today, full of incredible technology that uses advanced scientific concepts such as mind-matter interaction, quantum mechanics, even quantum teleportation! I particularly like the travel clock that you can put in any room (or even your car) that will improve the sound quality of your speaker system:

Advanced Audio Concepts - Room Acoustics, Vibration Isolation, Resonator, Crystals

I have to wonder how they get away with this kind of thing...

I just found this wonderful site today, full of incredible technology that uses advanced scientific concepts such as mind-matter interaction, quantum mechanics, even quantum teleportation! I particularly like the travel clock that you can put in any room (or even your car) that will improve the sound quality of your speaker system:

Advanced Audio Concepts - Room Acoustics, Vibration Isolation, Resonator, Crystals

I have to wonder how they get away with this kind of thing...

really! do you think they actually sell any of this crap? 'bags of beach rocks'? little felt(?) stick-on circles at $25 each?

really! do you think they actually sell any of this crap? 'bags of beach rocks'? little felt(?) stick-on circles at $25 each?

It's amazing, isn't it? There's a sucker born every minute, apparently.

My favorite is the "teleportation tweak". Using the magical properties of quantum teleportation, they'll apply their tweak to your entire home audio and video system over the telephone. Only $60!

Time is running out....
If you order now we'll also include a free set of Ginsu knives....
Operators are standing by to take your call....

Sheesh.....

Back