Bridge PU for Tele

robin watson

I love my Tele, it plays so nicely, is lightweight, has great tone on the neck PU and combined with the bridge, there is a subtle sweetness to the tone (middle position, where I usually use it). However the bridge PU just sounds a bit thin.

Pickups are Harmonic design. It's a great sounding guitar, but that bridge PU just doesn't get used.

Any suggestions for a fatter (solo) sounding bridge PU on a Tele?

robin watson said:
I love my Tele, it plays so nicely, is lightweight, has great tone on the neck PU and combined with the bridge, there is a subtle sweetness to the tone (middle position, where I usually use it). However the bridge PU just sounds a bit thin.

Pickups are Harmonic design. It's a great sounding guitar, but that bridge PU just doesn't get used.

Any suggestions for a fatter (solo) sounding bridge PU on a Tele?

Seymour Duncan Hot Rails. It's great. We used to have a guitar in the shop with a HR in the bridge, and I would just sit for hours playing Steve Cropper licks on that pickup.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

+1 - we've got a Strat Plus Deluxe (red, gold and blue) in at the moment where the bridge Lace has been replaced with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail. Absolutely excellent!

There are a number of much cheaper hot rails we have in and out that are extremely capable too, and not any kind of leap less good than the Duncans.

Last edited:
There's a lot of options out there. Kinman, Lindy Fralin or OC Duff would do nicely. I'd recommend going to the Telecaster Discussion Page, but they haven't been up the last few days.

www.tdpri.com

Back