my steal on yorkvilles

jrosenstein

thought i'd share ...

just got my Yorkville YSM1's in the mail today that i bought used on ebay. don't see any flaws on them, they sound AWESOME, and last but not least, they cost me all of $60 for the pair!!

man, the stereo image ... i didn't know what i was missing. well, i did, but i didn't.

so thanks to everyone for having discussions about monitors so i could be a fly on the wall and find some great speakers!

A steal indeed:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If you get tired of them I'll give you $100.00. I am pretty happy with my proto-j's though. They where all the rage before the yorkie's came along. Need to upgrade some day though..

Three cheers for E-bay...

F.S.

don't get your hopes up, freud. i think i'll be keeping these for a bit.

ha, i was just thinking: if i had worked some overtime instead of spending all that time tracking speakers on ebay, i probably could have just gotten the actives, new. but that wouldn't have been as much fun, eh?

well, the guy said that one of them was "blown" .... so i figured i'd have to replace a driver or two, but i saw a picture and the cabinets and drivers *appeared* to be in good condition. so they came, i plugged them in, and they sound great! i certainly think i'd be able to tell if a speaker was busted.

he later clarified himself and said that one of them "rattles at high volumes." maybe he and i have different impressions of what high volume means, because i pumped them pretty loud, and i hear nothing. no complaints here.

Back