Mixer with direct outs around $1000?

Toker41

Better Than You
K...upgrading from my Behringer UB2442fx-pro mixer, but having trouble finding one I like. Any suggestions for around $1000 (give or take a couple hunderd)??? I'm looking for at least 16 mono channels plus stereo channels( 4 would be nice ), Mono channel MUST have direct channel outs (at least 8, but would really like more....I can't understand these mixers having 20 mono channels and only 8 direct outs???), and 4 subs would be great.

You will have to buy used if you want a 24ch board for under a grand. Check out Soundcraft, Mackie, Tascam, Allen and Heath. Most of their basic 24ch boards will be around a grand used. You will just have to find a good deal.

Im very happy with my Yamaha MG24/14fx mixer. 16Mic/ lines with inserts(can be used as direct outs) on each channel. 4 stereo channels. 4 aux sends 2 fx sends (can be switched to regular aux sends) 4 sub outputs, mono out, main out and submain out. Talk back mic...even a freakin gooseneck lamp socket. $899 at Musicians friend. A really nice mixer i must same (funny, I had gotten the yamaha after i had that same behringer ub2442 mixer) this mixer is just ..oooooh so nice. Beats that behringer into the ground. The effects are real nice and clean. Preamps are damn near studio grade.

Great mixer for the money...I was decideing on either this yamaha mixer or the mackie 1604....mackie was 100 bucks more..so i went with the yamaha. Great mixer. Am using it as both a studio mixer and a live mixer...handles both tasks great!

You can make your own custom cables wired on a TRS plug where you solder the wire that would usually be connected to the tip of a TS plug to the ring instead, then use the inserts as direct outs and you can use any board you want. live or studio console.

T

Problem I've found using inserts as direct outs is that most of the time they are pre fader, pre EQ, and pre Mute.

Back