Looking to buy an Acoustic/ Vocal Portable Combo Amp.

JLondon

Cat Herder
I need a replacement for my little bedroom sized Roland 30W cube (5" speaker/pa with a little built in mixer). I play acoustic and sing vocals at the same time. I want to play small rooms and practice with a little more volume ability... the Roland breaks up pretty quickly. I am intermediate in skill so I am not needing anything too large yet but would like to have a little room to grow. Budget up to about $400-$500 US

I am thinking of Fishman Loudbox Artist (I am wary of getting anything less than an 8" speaker so not thinking of the mini...) but it is kind of expensive. Anything similar with a better value? How about the Fender Acoustic amps? Any other amps/brands I should be considering for acoustic plus vocals? I am guessing the sound from a dedicated acoustic combo will be better than a powered PA system. Recommendations?

edit: Also looking at Marshall AS50d

Last edited:
Not a huge choice out there if you want chep. The Fishman Loudbox series is well-recommended. Check out the forums at acousticguitarforum.com for lots of opinions.

Thanks... I am doing my home work ... I stopped by a pawn shop and tried a Genz Benz and was surprised how good it sounded (they wanted alot for it) but it pretty much sold me on going with a dedicated acoustic amp.

Back