Head phones

yunga123

I want to buy some headphones for a studio in my house but I dont know which one to get or which is any good. What sre some good headphones for a recording studio so the engineer and artist are the only 1s hearing the instrumental or beat on the headphones while recording

Last edited:
I just got Audio Technica's k270's, they are discontiued but theres still the k271. I can beat the hell out my drums and still hear everything with crystal clarity.

Here's another for the HD280. Hard to beat it for the price, a clean tracking phone and well isolated...

Eric

I have the Senn, 280's. Nice. But now I'd get the Fostex T40RP. These are the isolated ones in the line. Fostex has been making studio grade phones for decades.

I went with a closed back headphone (the K270's Anomaly Design mentioned) because I wanted to keep bleed out. They worked pretty well in lower volume situations but when I cranked my amp, I could hear it coming through. Still it would've been much worse with semi open or open back phones. So, my answer is find a good quality closed back set of phones.

People praise the more-me's at www.mercenary.com and I've seen a ton of reccomendations for the Sennheiser HD280's. Give 'em a whirl.

Chris

Back