cheap headphone suggestions

royharper3220

I need headphones for tracking. Im looking in the under $50 range.I just need some that have good isolation to prevent bleeding.

By the way what else are headphones used for other than tracking since mixing with headphones is a no no? other than bleeding what else should someone look for in headphones?

behringer just came out with some nice looking phones.. very cheap as well...

but no where in the specs mention that if they are sealed -> for tracking.

Hmm behringer head phones...I wonder what the response is on them.

I like the Pro 35's from Radio Shack. They go down to like 10hrz. They are pretty comfortable to wear. You can get them on sale pretty easily.

Yo Harper:

Other than tracking, cans can be used for listening to several finished tracks to get a general idea of how they sound.

I use wireless cans when I want to sit outside and listen to my wonderful work. [someone has to think it's wonderful]

I also use the wireless cans when I'm doing a vocal track; it's easy to stand, sit, and move with the wireless. This works as the music is already done or in my unit. I like CD backing music as it is usually all mixed and balanced and reverbed -- so, I can focus on the vocalist.

But, as you said, the monitors are used to set up the tracks before mixing.

Green Hornet
PS If you save your money, a set of Beyer 250's are good cans and you won't get "sore ears" from them.:D :p :cool:

do a search on behringer headphones. I believe it was chessrock who recently tried both models and gave a report. I think the thread was titled " A nice little find " or something like that. Sorry, cr if it wasn't you. He said that one model was very bad and one was very good for like 20 bucks. I don't recall which was good and which was bad. check it out.

Try Sony too-
I bought the AKG 301's and was very dissapointed. I like to listen to it cranked sometimes and the akg cant handle it but my Sony *** (I forget the model number) are great! I actually bought the Sony's at a Pawn shop. D.J.'s are always selling there stuff!
Comfort is a close second to sound though!
Hope that helps-
Jason

Back