Behringer: TRUTH B1030A sounding "not so loud" in max volume

sgaknis

Dear all!
I recently bought a set of Behringer: TRUTH B1030A active monitors. I connected them with m-audio fast-track MKII soundcard to my PC.
What I found out (which I didn't like) is that they do not have much volume power. Now , I am a newbie with sound equipment so I 'll try to explain better.
When I raise the total volume (pc+soundcard max volume), the sound is loud but still very bearable , not at all as what I have expected, similar to the volume level I get from my creative desktop monitors.
I want to know, if someone can enlighten me, if it is my fault on something, or the speakers are supposed to sound "not so loud", or maybe if speakers are damaged so I need to change them.

THANK YOU all in advance, hope I made myself clear. PLS help.

He said he's using the FastTrack. Make sure you have the software mixer volume control turned up for monitoring (I assume there is software for it, like my Tascam).

He said he's using the FastTrack. Make sure you have the software mixer volume control turned up for monitoring (I assume there is software for it, like my Tascam).

Right his quote of *When I raise the total volume (pc+soundcard max volume), the sound is loud but still very bearable , not at all as what I have expected, similar to the volume level I get from my creative desktop monitors.* is what threw me into think he was coming out of his PC instead setting up monitor send in the DAW then out of the fast tracks L/R out.

Right his quote of *When I raise the total volume (pc+soundcard max volume), the sound is loud but still very bearable , not at all as what I have expected, similar to the volume level I get from my creative desktop monitors.* is what threw me into think he was coming out of his PC instead setting up monitor send in the DAW then out of the fast tracks L/R out.

I'm guessing by computer, he means DAW volume (but i might be totally wrong).

Have you adjusted the input trim on the monitors themselves?

I'm guessing by computer, he means DAW volume (but i might be totally wrong).

Have you adjusted the input trim on the monitors themselves?

I have adjusted the input trim to zero (0db , center position).
When in DAW (Cubase 5) , sound is even less loud. Are there any other options I have to make in DAW to make the speakers sound louder? I mean except from basic routing to soundcard and from there to speakers.

Again , how loud are these speakers supposed to be ? (50 W for LF / 25 W for HF).
Is there a way I can test that their loudness and that they work fine?

Thank you again all for quick replies.

Without connecting your interface to your computer, connect the monitors to the interface's output, plug an ipod or something similar into the interface, turn the input monitor to full, and see what the speakers do.

Back