Art Mpa Gold ??????

That's their new digital mic pre right?

I dunno anything about it, but I recorded this with the PRO MPA DUAL Mic Pre.
It's an OK pre as long as you don't drive it too hard.

Michael,

First off I must say very very nice tune, that is just beautiful !

They have two new ones. One has a digital output and the other is just analog out.

I wonder how these new pres would be for vocal work and how it compairs to say, the RNP or Grace 101 ??

Does ART have some thing here ? maybe it's the surprise of the year ? who knows

PC

Yo Calacino:

I don't think the ART mic pre can come close to the Grace 101. I have both and the Grace wins easily. Just did an A/B/C comparison: Yam 2816 mic pres, ART mic pre, vs. the Grace. You don't need golden ears to hear the quality of the Grace.

And, at this time, the unit is almost half of its listed price.

Someday Yam will put GOOD mic pres in their recording units but as long as they are making $$$ it might take a while.

Hey, Happy Halloween.

Green Hornet:p :p :p :D

Hey Green guy, how the heck are you ?

Well, I 'm ready to pick up a dedicated pre for vocal work and I don't want an under rated pre in my price range to get by me.

I was just wondering about the new ART line.

So you think the Grace is far above any ART ? What is the going price for a 101 now ?

PC

Yo Pier:

The Grace 101 is selling for around 545 US liras -- [little ethnic joke there.]

List on the 101 has been 1k for a long time; but, as you know, "who pays list?"

If you want to know where I got mine, send me an E-post. But, I'm sure if you call the 800 numbers, you'll be getting around that price stated above.

It's a good unit in my humble opinion -- there are others that sell for much more $$ but, the Grace 101 is a quality item.

Watch out which witch you dance with on the 31st.

Green Hornet :p :p :p :D

I'v compared a ART MPA and a Grace 101 and there is a big difference..Like Hornet says...Grace is miles clearer than the ART

Don

Help me out here

I am just having trouble pulling the trigger on the RNP or a Grace 101. I am flip flopping on the two.

I get to the point to where I click on buy now ! Then I tell my self no, you want the other, why ? I don’t know ?

I CAN NOT MAKE UP MY MIND !!!! And its driving me crazy!

I am using an NTK mic and would primarily want it for main vocals. Recording stereo acoustic guitar would be nice but not Necessary, I could use my Spirit M8 for that.

What do I do ???

Thanks

PC

Dammit! I typed a long and thoughtful replie but it was lost in virtual land :mad: ..Buy the grace or the rnp..I'v used the grace and its very nice..But never used the rnp..Pull the trigger LOL..Either way you prob be very happy..Good luck

Don

Back