Physical limits of drummers?

You do 32nd notes with single-strokes at 200BPM?????? Yeah, sure. What????? Lighter sticks are not easier for everyone. For some, it would be the exact opposite. And I have no idea what you're getting at about the nylon tips. That's just silly.

Oh, ok. Well then that explains the previous nonsense.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
http://www.metronomeonline.com/
If you set it on 200bpm, and those are quarter notes, play a single stroke roll of sixteenths. At that speed it's not too uncommon to see rolls from toms to snare, and back etc.

http://www.metronomeonline.com/
If you set it on 200bpm, and those are quarter notes, and you're playing a single stroke roll, that's not too uncommon to see rolls from toms to snare, and back etc.

Do you know what a 32nd note is??? I use a metronome all the time. I know you can do single stroke rolls from tom to tom. But you, I, or him can't do single-stroke 32nd notes at that speed.

EDIT: (You edited your post after I responded, and you added "of sixteenths". We're not talking about 16ths. He's claiming to be able to do 32nds, which are TWICE as fast as 16ths.)

Last edited:
Wow!!!!! 10 concerts with 1,000 people. Dude, if we're going to start throwing our resumes and experience around, you'll feel pretty stupid about throwing that one out there, so let's not go there.

Re-read his post. He has paid to play in front of 1000 seat venues. That's certainly more than I can say.

Do you know what a 32nd note is??? I use a metronome all the time. I know you can do single stroke rolls from tom to tom. But you, I, or him can't do single-stroke 32nd notes at that speed.

EDIT: (You edited your post after I responded, and you added "of sixteenths". We're not talking about 16ths. He's claiming to be able to do 32nds, which are TWICE as fast as 16ths.)

Yes, well the reason why I pointed this out is to let you know that there's a disconnect in the understandings of people in this thread. I don't think you get that no person was arguing that they could play 800bpm with one hand. Yet you had an argument about it.

Regarding ambiguity, a 64th note can be as slow as you want, know what I mean?

I say that because I've talked to lots of drummers that count 800bpm as 64th notes depending on the tempo and time division you choose.

I thought the discussion was 32nd notes at 190 bpm?

Exactly. That was his original claim. I don't know what these other fucking bozos are going on about. We're talking about 32nd note single-stroke rolls over 190bpm quarter notes.

For the idiots that chimed in trying to sound clever, but falling on thier faces due to their utter stupidity, we're talking about a metronome playing QUARTER NOTES at 190bpm, and some idiot claiming he can do single-stroke 32nd notes to that.

Once again, NOBODY in this thread can play 32nd note single-stroke rolls over 190bpm quarter notes. And any asshole who claims he can either doesn't know what a 32nd note is, or is totally full of shit.

Bunch of fucking idiots trying to make claims they're too full of shit to back up, while other dipshits trying to sound way smarter than they can ever dream of being.

Last edited:
Just an idiot trying to be clever I guess, since you didn't really define how fast those 32nd notes were in your last post.

So tell me, what do you think is a 32nd note?

So tell me, what do you think is a 32nd note?

It's not what I THINK it is...it's what it IS. :rolleyes:

This is very simple math we're talking about:

Two 32nd notes fit into a 16th note, two 16th notes fit into an 8th note, two 8th notes fit into a 1/4 note. Four 1/4 notes fit into a whole note.

Which means that EIGHT 32nd notes fit into a 1/4 note. And since FOUR 1/4 notes fit into a bar (assuming we're talking about a 4/4 bar...before anyone tries to get all "clever" on our asses again :D ), then that would explain why they're called 32nd notes: Because 32 of them fit into a 4/4 bar.

So, at 190bpm 1/4 notes, each click would have to contain 8 strokes (4 with each hand if we're talking single-stroke roll) before the next click hits, for someone to be playing 32nd notes.

So, anyone that claims they can do 32nd notes over 1/4 notes at 190bpm can suck my dick. :p

(hey Rami, I'm on your side, in case you didn't get the memo ;) )

Cool.....I've lost track of who's making any sense here (besides me :D )...so I've decided to hate everyone in this thread.

You can all go to hell!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

It's not what I THINK it is...it's what it IS. :rolleyes:

This is very simple math we're talking about:

Two 32nd notes fit into a 16th note, two 16th notes fit into an 8th note, two 8th notes fit into a 1/4 note. Four 1/4 notes fit into a whole note.

Which means that EIGHT 32nd notes fit into a 1/4 note. And since FOUR 1/4 notes fit into a bar (assuming we're talking about a 4/4 bar...before anyone tries to get all "clever" on our asses again :D ), then that would explain why they're called 32nd notes: Because 32 of them fit into a 4/4 bar.

So, at 190bpm 1/4 notes, each click would have to contain 8 strokes (4 with each hand if we're talking single-stroke roll) before the next click hits, for someone to be playing 32nd notes.

So, anyone that claims they can do 32nd notes over 1/4 notes at 190bpm can suck my dick. :p

truth.

i'd like to say that this has become a game of semantics, but it hasn't. the definitions are clear.

i think psgor was originally (and mistakenly) using FOUR bars to do his calculations, thus transforming (within this odd paradigm of misused syntax) his quarter notes into whole notes. which means that what he's calling 32nd notes are actually 8th notes.

bpm always means quarter notes per minute. i think he was looking at them (mistakenly) as 190 whole notes per minute. 8th notes at 190 bpm aren't nearly as impressive or unlikely. :D

idk, that's what it looks like to me anyway. :confused:

truth.

i'd like to say that this has become a game of semantics, but it hasn't. the definitions are clear.

i think psgor was originally (and mistakenly) using FOUR bars to do his calculations, thus transforming (within this odd paradigm of misused syntax) his quarter notes into whole notes. which means that what he's calling 32nd notes are actually 8th notes.

bpm always means quarter notes per minute. i think he was looking at them (mistakenly) as 190 whole notes per minute. 8th notes at 190 bpm aren't nearly as impressive or unlikely. :D

idk, that's what it looks like to me anyway. :confused:
Hmmmmm......Wouldn't changing 1/4 notes to whole notes make it even FASTER, as opposed to slower. I mean if each click at 190bpm was (mistakenly) considered a whole note, that means dividing those whole notes into 4 quarters would make the 1/4 notes come 4 times faster, no?

Nah, I think pissgor just doesn't know what he's talking about. :eek:

Back