Physical limits of drummers?

Well, not to be rude, but I usually do 32nd Notes on my high tom, to medium, to floor, back to medium etc... I go up and down, and it is very easy. I've never attempted to go aaaabbbbccccaaaabbbbccc before. I suppose maybe if your Toms wrapped around you, then you could do it easily, but thats a different story. My answer: Yes, it is possible. PS: It would also be easier with light sticks, like 7AN's, preferrably Nylon Tips. I have only played drums about a year, but I have been taught by the best teachers available. Just practice and almost anything is possible with physics. "You'll miss 100% of the notes that you don't play."

Oh, btw, you could also do some Bonham techniques.
ex. Snare, High Tom, Floor Tom, Kick Drum. Snare, High, Floor, Kick. and keep them going with that in 16th, 32nd, or umm, maybe 64th notes. lol.

Last edited:
Well, not to be rude, but I usually do 32nd Notes on my high tom, to medium, to floor, back to medium etc... I go up and down, and it is very easy.
You do 32nd notes with single-strokes at 200BPM?????? Yeah, sure.
it would be easierr with light sticks, like 7AN's, preferrably Nylon Tips.
What????? Lighter sticks are not easier for everyone. For some, it would be the exact opposite. And I have no idea what you're getting at about the nylon tips. That's just silly.

I have only played drums about a year,
Oh, ok. Well then that explains the previous nonsense.

but I have been taught by the best teachers available.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, before you start throwing out suggestions on other peoples abilitys, do your homework! 73.9% of Professional drummers use lighter sticks. Not as light as 7AN's, but lighter sticks. And almost all use Nylon tips. Consider Joey Jordison Vs. Lars Ulrich. Both are great drummers of their time, but the only difference is that Joey uses 5A's, and Lars Ulrich uses 5B's. Joey is fast on double kick, and can probably blow Lars away with speed and accuracy, but Lars is great at keeping a flowing, steady beat to help the other bandmates keep on the "One." And yes, I can do 32nd notes, not at 200bpm, at more like 190bpm, but nevertheless I am still a very good, accomplished drummer. I'm not bragging, but I've done at least 10 concerts with a minimum of 1,000 seats each. I don't get payed, because I am in the Paul Green School of Rock Music, but I will in the future. So dont go lashing around hating comments on peoples posts, when you cant back it up with information Jerk! PS: And when I said I was taught by the best teachers AVAILABLE! Thats exactly what I meant, Available. Not proffesionals man.

Last edited:
Well, before you start throwing out suggestions on other peoples abilitys, do your homework! 73.9% of Professional drummers use lighter sticks. Not as light as 7AN's, but lighter sticks. And almost all use Nylon tips. Consider Joey Jordison Vs. Lars Ulrich. Both are great drummers of their time, but the only difference is that Joey uses 5A's, and Lars Ulrich uses 5B's. Joey is fast on double kick, and can probably blow Lars away with speed and accuracy, but Lars is great at keeping a flowing, steady beat to help the other bandmates keep on the "One." And yes, I can do 32nd notes, not at 200bpm, at more like 190bpm, but nevertheless I am still a very good, accomplished drummer. I'm not bragging, but I've done at least 10 concerts with a minimum of 1,000 seats each. I don't get payed, because I am in the Paul Green School of Rock Music, but I will in the future. So dont go lashing around hating comments on peoples posts, when you cant back it up with information Jerk! PS: And when I said I was taught by the best teachers AVAILABLE! Thats exactly what I meant, Available. Not proffesionals man.
No offense, dude (well that's not really true), but not only do you sound like a complete idiot, you're totally full of shit.

Wow!!!!! 10 concerts with 1,000 people. Dude, if we're going to start throwing our resumes and experience around, you'll feel pretty stupid about throwing that one out there, so let's not go there.

You can't do 32nd note SINGLE STROKE rolls at 190bpm, so shut up. Maybe you don't know what a 32nd note is, which wouldn't surprise me. But you can't do it, and you're full of shit to claim that you can.

Like I said, you're an idiot. Your lack of experience and knowledge proves the point that the less you know, the more you think you know.

Quit while you're ahead. You're embarrassing yourself.

Well I'm only 14 and your probably 30 and have more experience than me. But seriously, don't try to make fun of other people when you don't know crap about them.

Well I'm only 14 and your probably 30 and have more experience than me. But seriously, don't try to make fun of other people when you don't know crap about them.
I'm responding to what you posted. That's how forums work. Most of what you said was either wrong or stupid. Or both.
14, huh? That explains it. I'll give you a little advice. Don't try to bullshit people that have been doing something since before you were swimming around in your Papa's testicles.

No kids of my own, but I am an uncle 19 times. And trust me, when they are 14 (or ANYteen for that matter), they now how to do it all. Cuz one time at band camp......:D

I know that you are probably better than me at drums. That doesn't mean I'm not good, or I don't know what I'm talking about! I will gladly post a video and show you, so that you can shut your mouth because Frankly, I'm getting tired of it! I know what I'm talking about and if you don't like it, you can take you wood and shove it in your bass drum-hole.

Man, when I was playing for a year, I had 6 months of private lessons, concert band experience, AND prior to that, 7 years of piano lessons, and even back then there is no way in hell I could do the things you claimed to.

And that whole thing with stick sizes was just ridiculously terrible. Stop playing the age sympathy game if you spout off crap like that.

I'm simply going to repeat a couple of things I already said, because they become more true every time you post:

Most of what you said was either wrong or stupid. Or both..........

You can't do 32nd note SINGLE STROKE rolls at 190bpm, so shut up. Maybe you don't know what a 32nd note is, which wouldn't surprise me. But you can't do it, and you're full of shit to claim that you can.

I guess for some folks (especially very young folks) being a good drummer is all about how fast you are.

Back