Drumsticks

yeah there nice... There light.. and last quite a long time..

Might need sum wax... There like awesomly smooth!... need a hard grip!

If you are gonna get some non wood sticks, I would get the Easton Ahead sticks. A lot of people are afraid of them and say they break cymbals but its not true. They last a long time and they dont vibrate at all so they are easy on your hands and wrists.

random.hero said:
are the carbonsticks worth the buy?
i hear good things, but they are like 40 bucks a pair.

I like them, personally. I feel like I have more control over them than with wood sticks. Might just be poor stick control on my part, though. :D

My advice is buy one pair and see if you like them, and if not, sell it used on eBay or something....

i have a pair of the aquarian graphite sticks(not sure if still made). they DONT break and they absorb shock and feel and play nice but i think they sound awful so yeah , dont really use them.

I used carbon sticks one time.. a LONG time ago. They sounded funny to me... Of course, they were hollow. I usually use whatever wood pair I find laying around that I like that day, or my Ahead sticks. I like the Aheads and they really don't break cymbals or have a harsh tone or anything. In fact they really don't sound that much different from wood sticks.

sirslurpee said:
I like the Aheads and they really don't break cymbals or have a harsh tone or anything. In fact they really don't sound that much different from wood sticks.

Word. I think they give the snare and toms a bigger beefier thud than wood sticks, which I like. But, they do change the sound of the cymbals, not much, but you can tell a difference.

I don't like them. Sure, they last longer, but you loose a decent amount of control. I felt like I had to hit harder to get the same projection. Plus, I like a bright attack on cymbals and the carbo-sticks were far from that!

Back