Didn't expect this

MadHatterTCM

Eternally Striving
These are raw (no eq, no compression except light on the master, no verb.. nothing) tracks from a recording earlier today.

what do you guys think of the sound?

Really like the snare. Sounds like it being beat to holy shit.........yeah that's it.
How does it sound in a mix?
The cymbals seem a little dark and the kick has a little bit of a flat pounding on the front door vibe. Which might all be perfect in the right tune.

ac

we'll see how it sits once i get there... :)
i personally like my cymbals slightly darker.
they're all rides...
2 20"s and a 21"

:)

Dang. That does sound pretty good :) Do you mind sharing the setup info? In particular what snare is being used? Room size? Mics? Etc? Thanks!

The snare does like you are beating the crap out of it. Very nice. I need to do that too.

so far, it's sitting nicely in the mix...

not done yet.. but getting there...

Still missing piano parts and vocals...

Dang. That does sound pretty good :) Do you mind sharing the setup info? In particular what snare is being used? Room size? Mics? Etc? Thanks!

The snare does like you are beating the crap out of it. Very nice. I need to do that too.

It's a gretsch catalina birch snare. Fairly inexpensive.

It was not the ideal room for recording drums, but they came out great. Which, is why i said i wasn't expecting this decent of a sound.

The mics on the snare were a 57 and an akg 451 on top

57 on the hi tom, and a senn 421 on the floor.

414's as over heads

couple other room mics..

SSPX0008.jpg

do you mind me asking what heads you using top and bottom on your snare? i also have a gretsch catalina birch kit and i can never seem to get my snare sounding great..

think i gotta spend more time tuning too tho..

Hey thanks for the info and posting the pic! The tune sounds really good so far as well. You should post the tune when completed. :)

I wish I could get a drum sound like that. :( I have the worst drum recording room on the planet.

Sounds nice, maybe the toms should be not hard left and right. Try to get them closer one to each other.
Post the whole song when finished.
Thanks
TS

Back