My PERFECT 244 - another Bad Rubber inquiry

I'm SELLING the PortaStudio 244 that's the subject of this thread.

It's December 26, 2010. I transferred my two cassettes worth of 1985 demo tracks to digital way back in June of this year. 'Been staring at the deck and procrastinating over building a protective shipping crate for it ever since... wutta dufus :D

I'll be posting a FOR SALE thread in the Analog Only forum, as well as on Craigslist and Upillar.com

I'll post links to all three, and maybe an interesting entrepreneurial idea for how the buyer can make money from this machine, as well. Remember, it's fully functional and in excellent / nearly-unused condition with new belts and rollers.

MERRY CHRISTMAS for those who do.
Universal Wish of Peace and Brotherhood for those who don't.

Tom

Last edited:
a tenth screw in my porta 244 !

Hello from Montpellier, France.
I'd saved my old precious portastudio 244, this technologic marvel ; thank you very much Dr ZEE, your tutorials and other posts are fabulous.
I've found too a N°10 screw, as some people may told you probably : see here
http: // w w w . flickr.com/photos/milphot/sets/72157626215785076/
Best regards.
Wes

Last edited:
Tom, yeah, you sure need to replace both belts. I've found that the control belt can be substituted with an "o-ring" of a size that fits nicely and tight, I've found one at plumber parts in hardware store and it works fine. The capstan belt is the one that you'd have to find on eBay or order from TEAC parts (if they still have them).
You need to open up the machine to see the transport in action and see the idler tires, check their condition etc. There's no other way to find out what exactly going on there. I know it's a pain in the neck to do... :(:laughings::(

Just wanted to drop you a quick line and say "Thank You!" Your website allowed me to fix a 244 that arrived un-playable from Ebay. You sir are a true gentlemen and a talented engineer.

Back