Your set lists (Cover band, originals, jam, home player, etc.) any instrument

I play mostly in bands with original music, but here are some covers I've done in various performances on guitars, keys, or drums:

Hard to Handle - black crowes version
No Quarter - It's probably zeppelin, google it
Houses of the Holy ^^^
That's the Way ^^^
Going to California ^^^
Gallows Pole ^^^
The Crunge ^^^
Night Flight ^^^
Carouselambra ^^^
In the Mood - Robert Plant
Willin' - Little Feat
Down on the Farm - Little Feat
Two Trains - Little Feat
Honky Tonk Woman
Mean Mr. Mustard>Polythene Pam>Bathroom Window - beatles
Limelight - Rush
Entre Nous - Rush
Hemispheres side one part one - Rush
Cinderella Man - Rush
2112 Side 1- Rush
Kid Gloves - Rush
Red Barchetta - Rush
Jacob's Ladder - Rush
Circumstances - Rush
Distant Early Warning - Rush
A new day yesterday - Jethro Tull
Skating Away - Jethro Tull
Rocketman - Elton John
The Weight - The Band
Just What I Needed - The Cars
Pop Life - Prince
Raspberry Beret - Prince
1999 - Prince
When Doves Cry - Prince
A Love Bizarre - Prince
Nothing Compares 2 U - Prince
I Can't Feel My Face - The Weekend
Cars - Gary Numan
Electric Avenue - Eddie Grant
Most of Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
Corporal Clegg - Pink Floyd
Fearless - Pink Floyd
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Feel Like a Stranger - Grateful Dead
Stagger Lee - Grateful Dead
Wharf Rat - Grateful Dead
Estimated Prophet - Grateful Dead
They Love Eachother - Grateful Dead
Friend of the Devil - Grateful Dead
Any Major Dude - Steely Dan

There's probably more but I'm old and typing is hard
Another consideration Mean Mr. Mustard>Polythene Pam>Bathroom Window - beatles
Thanks! And awesome list!

I was the same way with Bob Seger. Of course none of us have ever played his songs in a band, huh? Man, play it anymore?...I couldn't hear it anymore! Years later I was playing online poker, had 8s and Ace's, dead man's hand I think they call it. Same hand Wild Bill Hickock was holding when shot in the head. So what the hell, pulled up some Bob Seger. Loved it, a kind of rediscovering! Americana.

I don't know, instead of Old Time Rock and Roll(please, no), how 'bout some Sunspot Baby? I'm probably wrong, folks would rather hear OTR&R.
I'm not necessarily enamored with the way I sing Fire Lake, but it still has a tenuous grasp on the setlist...

You know one that gets all the women on the floor? Long Tall Woman in a Black Dress. Oh em gee, every woman in the place out on the floor thinking she is the hottest thing alive, and ready to sow some wild oats. You know that song has got a lot of guys laid. I think I played that in one band. It was kind of meh, but interesting to watch the floor, human nature, mating rituals.
That's a damn tough one to sing!

But my current crew are a bunch of losers. All they’ve known is the cover band scene. The bass player has a book as thick as a legal book, say something like Blacks Law Dictionary, that has probably every pop song ever written. And he knows them.

They know every detail and nuance of the radio hits, yet have an inability to jam, improvise, or have any desire to write original tunes.

So I play along, I’d rather play than not play. And our rehearsal space is literally 5 minutes away.
RFR, consider yourself fortunate enough to have close to you (5 minutes away) a crew (friends) and musicians to interact with, regardless of the fact that they lack the ability to jam, improvise, or otherwise.

Three nights ago I received a phone call from my buddy.....bass and guitar player in our band years ago. He still gets together with our original keyboard player and two other guys whom I don't know to play whatever songs they can remember how to play. And then, Jerry, my buddy, introduced them to an old Ronnie Milsap song three weeks ago.
"There's No Getting Over Me" was the song.
Jerry was pissed because none of the other guys had any interest to learn how to play a song they hadn't ever heard.

I've been a long time fan of Ronnie Milsap. I wrote out the lyrics. A half hour was all it took for me to learn the song.

I'm gonna dust off my 16 track recorder and record.....minus the bass.....and bring the recorder to his house for him to add to it.

It's not a five minute ride. It's 75 miles and a 1.5 hour ride to get there.

RFR, consider yourself fortunate enough to have close to you (5 minutes away) a crew (friends) and musicians to interact with, regardless of the fact that they lack the ability to jam, improvise, or otherwise.

Three nights ago I received a phone call from my buddy.....bass and guitar player in our band years ago. He still gets together with our original keyboard player and two other guys whom I don't know to play whatever songs they can remember how to play. And then, Jerry, my buddy, introduced them to an old Ronnie Milsap song three weeks ago.
"There's No Getting Over Me" was the song.
Jerry was pissed because none of the other guys had any interest to learn how to play a song they hadn't ever heard.

I've been a long time fan of Ronnie Milsap. I wrote out the lyrics. A half hour was all it took for me to learn the song.

I'm gonna dust off my 16 track recorder and record.....minus the bass.....and bring the recorder to his house for him to add to it.

It's not a five minute ride. It's 75 miles and a 1.5 hour ride to get there.
Fuck yeah!!!
Nicely done sir!

@60’s guy You have fun with that. Dust that shit off.

Me I’ll give it a break. Lots of thinking out loud today.

Can’t do anything till Mr. Bass man heals up from his surgery. Who knows, may be itching to play by then.

Dale Adams is one of the original members of LLB. It's morphed into a collection of some of the best musicians in central Kentucky. Dale is also ToneDR on Youtube. He's got several guitar tutorials.
Yup. He's a very personable guy. Knowledgeable, kind, and all around nice guy!

@60’s guy You have fun with that. Dust that shit off.

Me I’ll give it a break. Lots of thinking out loud today.

Can’t do anything till Mr. Bass man heals up from his surgery. Who knows, may be itching to play by then.
I picked up on that earlier when you posted.....

"Bass player got some eye surgery. He’s out for a few months may have to get another surgery. He has a macular hole in the right eye. Whatever the fuck that is."

Macular degeneration is what your bud is experiencing. I suppose the good news for now is that it's only one of his eyes that is in jeopardy. I hope everything works out for the best.

"Thinking out loud" is allowed here!

In fact...it's mandatory!

I killed it?...Oh no, don't say it's true.

Ashes to Ashes, wouldn't that one be cool to add to the song list? Maybe play down the weird and funk up the groove? Or as is, to best suited for an honest approach & interpretation? Dig.

aaaand, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It swings. I mean, who doesn't know and love that song to make the list. Unless, like, you're a commonist or sumthin.

Okay, yeah, I might be a little drunk tonight, but killed it my ass. I'm gonna haunt this bitch, this thread. So keep an eye open, imma make you a fuckin star. It's all about the list. The daily ftw.

Amirite, beaks? LOL

Back