Why must my mono songs become converted to "stereo" on cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Some of the finest clothing I ever saw was on an Emperor.

His tailor was amazing. Made it out of practically nothing.:rolleyes:

Just because you can't see it with eyes closed, doesn't mean it's not there. Personally I feel the same about what is considered classical art, as you do about experimental art. I can't see its artistic value. Sure the brush strokes are pretty and it's peering back into a different time or what a beautiful sunrise the artist saw or whatever, but for the most part I think about the fact that most of that shit was created by someone doing it for the same reason that people go to KMart to have their pictures taken. It's not art, it's technique. Actually, that's how I feel about most music that I hear.

But Jordan is not it, whatever "it" is.

Last edited:
Let us hope that the relationship lasted longer than the making of music and that the results of neither were premature.
Jordan, does the acronym T.M.I. mean anything to you?
I did listen - the beginnings in the right channel sound like an attempt at a Wings song and the left side sounded like someone trying to cop the vocals of the J Masic track on the Grace of My Heart soundtrack.
I also noticed that it was noticably non mono though in an early Beatles way.

Last edited:
first, im sorry about the album being delayed a day, because im so in love.

ok guys! i worked a week straight on this album, and now its complete, and im very proud of this effort! dad did nothing to help me as usual, because he works so slow! he likes to fiddle with frequencies and stuff. anyways, its called "Tie Breaker" and i think this is it, this is a hit! there are some hits on the album.

i really think everyone here will enjoy it because im so inspired by the love of the most beautiful woman that ever lived!

Ok, here is the album, Tie Breaker, to download!

Jordan Davis - Tie Breaker MP3.rar - 38.64MB

and here is the tracklisting with streaming songs!

1. 01.Hard to Imagine (2:45) 01.Hard to Imagine.mp3 - 3.30MB
2. 02.Come Baby Come (2:15) 02.Come Baby Come.mp3 - 1.60MB
3. 03.Oh Yeah (2:35) 03.Oh Yeah.mp3 - 3.18MB
4. 04.Eternal Wayward Misty Girl (2:05) 04.Eternal Wayward Misty Girl.mp3 - 1.67MB
5. 05.Tropical Star (2:25) 05.Tropical Star.mp3 - 2.22MB
6. 06.Kamala (0:54) 06.Kamala.mp3 - 1.23MB
7. 07.You Will Shine (2:22) 07.You Will Shine.mp3 - 2.94MB
8. 08.Interlude(tie-breaker) (2:32) 08.Interlude_tie-breaker_.mp3 - 2.49MB
9. 09.Mind Slave (1:54) 09.Mind Slave.mp3 - 2.17MB
10. 10.Rocketship Child (2:36) 10.Rocketship Child.mp3 - 2.70MB
11. 11.Miseltoe (3:13) 11.Miseltoe.mp3 - 3.72MB
12. 12.Highway Child (3:26) 12.Highway Child.mp3 - 4.01MB
13. 13.Fantasy (2:41) 13.Fantasy.mp3 - 2.22MB
14. 14.Skies of Love (2:11) 14.Skies of Love.mp3 - 2.14MB
15. 15.Night Robber (1:25) 15.Night Robber.mp3 - 1.67MB
16. 16.Eternal Wayward Misty Girl Reprise (1:51) 16.Eternal Wayward Misty Girl Reprise.mp3 - 1.82MB

Last edited:
That's 3:40...

:eek:of my life that I'll never get back, man!:eek:;)

My friend,
As far as being prophetic and genius "soul" music, I say no, but the music world is there for us to all interpret in our own way. As far as churning out music of any sort almost endlessly, I'll at least give you props for being prolific and steadfast about your musical ambitions and hobby. As far as what I thought it sounded like? It maybe was eerily reminiscent of some of the very first jam tapes I ever did when I was 17, so I'll have to double check that and put your stuff in perspective. I've never done a drug powerful enough to make me think these "albums" are great art or even pleasant to listen to, but it's interesting stuff in a way & you're on a mental plane that's way "above" e'one else. You go man! I feel like I got sucked into listening and commenting on this thread,... but I will listen more! It's like driving by a nearly endless car wreck, and gawking at the spectacle. I don't want to be cruel or sugarcoat, but your stuff is not good music. Interesting to listen to is how I'd describe it. Interesting in a really lofi, stoned, weird and off the wall way. Thank you.

You Rock! I admire your tenacity!
Later, baby!:eek:;)

03. Hard to Imagine Donemp3version.mp3 - 3.28MB

that is the first single to wet everyones appetite for the big day today. im a different man today, and things have changed now forever, and im somehow making the greatest music that i could have never even imagined!

With tuppence for paper and strings
You can have your own set of wings
With your feet on the ground
You're a bird in a flight
With your fist holding tight
To the string of your kite

Oh, oh, oh!
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!

Bert:
When you send it flyin' up there
All at once you're lighter than air
You can dance on the breeze
Over 'ouses and trees
With your first 'olding tight
To the string of your kite

Londoners:
Oh, oh, oh!
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Let's go fly a kite!

i dont think anyone can argue that tie breaker is an album that is great, and anyone would be proud to have made it! i think it might be the best diamond soul album of the year.

i think it might be the best diamond soul album of the year

Diamond? Your "album" is gonna go diamond?

lol.jpg

At first, I didnt think you were serious about all of this, but noone would record 16 tracks a week just to be a troll.

So, assuming you are serious, which also leads me to think you have issues and are quite possibly out of touch with reality in every imaginable way - Im gonna give you a compliment.

Come Baby Come is a halfway decent song. What ruins it is the out of tune singing though, and the fact you totally loose all sense of timing towards the end of the song. Otherwise, sonically its sounding better than your earlier stuff, and it actually has somewhat of a hook. So there you go, take that one song (the only halfway ok, listenable, not wanting to throw up song of yours I've heard so far) and make it better. Spend the amount of time you spent on the last 16 tracks and just work on that song.

Mike

Jordan as Genre Generator!
Now let's dissect this
Diamond Soul
Diamond -
Rhombus, lozenge, equilateral, shape
Hard colourless mineral, a hard transparent precious stone that is a variety of carbon. Use: gems, abrasives, cutting tools, in mathematics a two-dimensional geometric figure formed of four sides, like a square standing on one of its corner
& in baseball the area of a field bounded by home plate and the three bases.
Soul -
spirit. essence. heart. core. character. psyche & person
Soul
In the Christian Science religion, the name for God
The complex of human attributes that manifests as consciousness, thought, feeling, and will, regarded as distinct from the physical body
A person's emotional and moral nature, where the most private thoughts and feelings are hidden
In some systems of religious belief, the spiritual part of a human being that is believed to continue to exist after the body dies. The soul is sometimes regarded as subject to future reward and punishment, and sometimes as able to take a form that allows it to remain on or return to earth.
A quality regarded as characterizing African American culture, especially as manifested in understanding and in social customs, speech, and music
That allows the genre to vary from "Hard, colourless, private thoughts and feelings" all the way to "precious name for God" with much in between.
Nightfire has the direction for the new genre though.

Jordan as Genre Generator!
Now let's dissect this
Diamond Soul
Nightfire has the direction for the new genre though.

Diamond: A symbol of the repression and slavery African folks still undergo at the hands of DeBeers (who is sitting on enough diamonds to make the worlds diamond supply worthless)

Soul: It is hotly contended as to whether or not animals have a soul, but it is generally accepted that white folks don't have soul.

So: Diamond Soul...An ultimately valueless symbol of repression, slavery and a reminder of the lack of groove inherent in this artist.

Jordan,
Bite the bullet. Post your personally selected best single track in both the Songwriting & MP3 Mixing Clinic forums and allow people to assess, compare, suggest and just plain comment on it.
The former is a good forum about the elements of what makes a song work or not - gentle folk, excellent songwriting etc
The latter is a bunch of folk who are excellent at listening and divining the elements of a mix that help and hamper a song.
Get some constructive critical scrutiny rather than basting yourself inself aggrandisement to deflect the often brutal treatment people like I offer you in this very wrongly placed thread. I mean this is a section for rack gear not signal format and song crits after all.

Don't do the ugly picture as an insult thing. That's just dumb.

...wtf? I did "the lol picture as the lol thing" - I just thought the picture was funny. If you think the girl in the picture is ugly, that's your problem, I guess (although I wouldn't disagree :D ). I just thought it made the lol a bit more lol...able. If you don't want to view inline pictures, I believe you can disable the option in your control panel...if you choose not to disable images - guess what's gonna happen?! :rolleyes:

P.S. Don't do the "giving orders like you're the shit" thing. That's just...weird. :p

And alternative genre assessment:
Diamond: Something amazing.
Soul: Something that might not even exist.

So, Diamond Soul might be better if it didn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back