• Sonar 1.0

Votes: 226 10.1%
  • Logic audio

Votes: 191 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Audacity and Mixcraft

I use Audacity for editing tracks that I have recorded and to add some effects. I know its freeware but it really works well. At least for beginners.

And to record I use Mixcraft. It's basically straight forward once you know how to work with it. But most of all I wish I had Garage Band and or Logic Express.

Mind you, these programs are like for beginners. Especially Garage Band

Poll is fail! No MOTU!

If I'm the producer (or if I'm just the engineer but the producer gives me carte blanche -- which almost never happens!) we do the entire project in MOTU Digital Performer.

If I'm just the engineer, 9 times out of 10 we're recording to ProTools.

Besides the DAW, I use a ton of weird signal processing/manipulation apps: Argiephontes Lyre, Syd, Cloud Generator, th0nk, Sound Hack, Sound Sculptor II, & Pluggo.

After 21 years of using Mac computers I just bought my first PC (because I needed a laptop to run some acoustic calibration software I use for room design/calibration), so now I'm thinking I might have to investigate yet another DAW. Haven't heard good things about Digital Performer running on PC, so I might investigate Cubase. Maybe.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but man... I can't believe Ardour isn't listed as an option - especially when "n-track" is listed.

Ah well... being in the minority isn't always bad...

I use Sonar 1 then transfer the stems to my gramaphone to master on a wax cylinder...if only i could stop the bleedin dog from barking down the amplifying trumpet :(

Cubase 4 and Vegas 7 for me. . . I've got an older version of Cakewalk that is still pretty capable, though it lacks some nice features that the newer versions have.

Maybe it's just me, but man... I can't believe Ardour isn't listed as an option - especially when "n-track" is listed.

Ah well... being in the minority isn't always bad...

Did Ardour exist when this poll was made.....like, 8 years agao?????:eek:

Vegas Pro 8... I have only used Vegas in my studio...I have never really had a chance to use much else. It has never failed me and is awesome for DVD work. I would really like to try other programs and am thinking about downloading some trials. It has never failed me but there are things I wish it would do.

ableton live 8.........????

ive been using ableton for a couple of years...any help and suppport on live 8???...lol:confused:

mev - try contacting the Ableton people. They've answered a few of my questions... others they haven't.

Did they ever get it up to 1983 MIDI specs? i.e. able to accept all 127 CC's?

As NeveSSL pointed out, this thread started in 2001, a half a year before the World Trade Center attacks.
They still made Pontiacs, the DOW was near 12, and no one knew who Balloon Boy was.

The version of Cubase in the poll at the top was discontinued in 2002.

I voted Samplitude 24/96 as there is no "other" option.

I actually use Sequoia - Samplitude's big brother.

But I don't use software to record - too many things can happen with a computer in a live recording situation.

I actually record with a NAGRA VI and then dump the files into Sequoia for editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back