• Sonar 1.0

Votes: 226 10.1%
  • Logic audio

Votes: 191 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adobe Audition

I really like Audition/Cool Edit Pro. Audacity is good too, but the interface takes some getting used to.

Jesus F-ing Christ

I'm on the market for the right frogram too at the moment... but...

This program for this. That program for that. The next program for somethin' else.

Isn't there a program out there can just do it all properly?

There certainly is, it's called Logic by Apple, which is the one I use (and voted for).

I'm currently running a Mac Mini with 2 gigs of RAM in it and have worked on songs that 50 some-odd tracks, several of which had several software guitar amps on them (a real CPU chewer to say the least) and have never had it even remotely burp or glitch. The OS (Leopard 10.5.4) is as stable as I have ever seen an operating system be (been a "Micro-snob" for over 20 years.

I really can't say enough good things about Logic, I love its sound (warm and fuzzy, as opposed to thin and "tinkly" - kinda like the difference between analog and FM synthesis if you're familiar with keyboards) and it's soooo easy to use. I actually wound up recording tracks 5 minutes after installing it.

Everything is laid so nicely and intuitively, I really couldn't ask for a better application than Logic.

Tripsie

I actually like to use Sony ACID Music Studio (7.0). I learned how to record using Sonic Foundry Acid back in '99, and I like how I can create and loop my own drum patterns.

This poll excluded Reaper. That's unfortunate since Reaper is such an excellent DAW. It's got a beautiful interface that is not so damn cluttered with knobs, windows, and buttons like all the other sequencers are. Plus it's totally customizable.

It costs a mere $50. Compare that to the cost of all the other DAW's which list for $300 to $500. With Reaper you buy once and you're entitled to many updates and new versions which you can download for free. Doesn't work this way with other DAW's.

Reaper isn't bloated either. No excess fat. Quick to install. Quick to load.

It's worked quite well for me so far. If I couldn't use it though, my vote would go to Samplitude or SAW Studio.

I use Reaper now, with an Audiophile24/96 so yes you can.

Got few up of Sonar and tried a lot of others that just didn't appeal to me. Reaper is just perfect for me.

*EdiT* BTW, you can trial Reaper, with no restrictions for as long as you want. Does it get better than that for a deal? It's definitely worth a try if you're not 110% happy with your current DAW.

ProTools, mainly because its a standard (all of my friends use it... I'm in Nashville so some even have HD ;) ) plus its what I use at school. Plus I like it. :)

I'm definitely wanting to give some other options a spin. If nothing else, simply as alternatives. I may have to give Reaper a shot.

Brandon

thanks mr clean

I use Reaper now, with an Audiophile24/96 so yes you can.

Got few up of Sonar and tried a lot of others that just didn't appeal to me. Reaper is just perfect for me.

*EdiT* BTW, you can trial Reaper, with no restrictions for as long as you want. Does it get better than that for a deal? It's definitely worth a try if you're not 110% happy with your current DAW.

I appreciate the response. as far as being happy with my current DAW,
well...I'm not. one: it's a cracked copy of cubase something or other
on a computer a friend gave to me. so, it's unethical. and two: cubase
is too complex for me. too many bells and whistles. I haven't been
able to record a single thing. I can't make it work. and I certainly
can't contact technical support at cubase and say "I'm a bonehead with
a cracked copy. what do i do to make it work?" bad idea.

I'm probably using improper syntax/dictionary definitions. my buddy has
all the software that is on this computer. si it's legit for him, but not for
me. I can't re-install anything or upgrade anything. and mostly, I just don't
like cubase. not sure why. it just seems like more bother than it's worth :)
thanks again. will give reaper a shot!

I'm currently on Vegas 8, but I'm ditching that next week for a shiny brand-new legit installation of Sonar 8. Can't wait :)

Sonar 7.02 - Prolly upgrade to 8.x after the holiday$ ;)

Remember folks, this poll originated back in 2001 so it won't be that unusual if your particular software or version is 'not on the list'...

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back