Votes: 66 6.7%
  • Built a Freestanding Studio from the ground up

Votes: 32 3.2%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 89 9.0%
  • What's a studio?

Votes: 16 1.6%

• Total voters
I voted "other" since my bedroom is also..well..my bedroom, so it's not a spare,I even share it with my brother, so there isn't even a spare bedroom in the house!

Mines in my garage thats 10 feet from my house. Kind of a pain in the winter but thats ok. I built a small room (250 sq ft) inside with 10 ' vaulted ceiling. Treated it to the best of my limited knowledge and presto..."instant" (4 months later) studio.
:D

I use a spare bedroom in my duplex and I do keep it locked since I have a nosy 4 year old boy who likes to play with things. We kind of decided to make it an "office / studio" with two desks in there and plans to build a small vocal booth inside of the room. I'm thinking about 6x6x7.

Lucky to have an outbuilding I could convert. Access is by a somewhat uneven stone path but it's worth it.

What? No attic category? That's where I'm at. The space was unfinished in the old house, but we moved earlier this year to a new place. I actually hope to finish it this weekend. Floating floor, in-wall wiring, central air and heat (thank GOD). It's about 12x20 with a 6x7 nook off to the side under a dormer.

Tiny box room as control room... upstairs landing for vocal and Acoustic guitar recording!!! :eek:

Made up some free standing acoustic panels and it actually sounds great!!!... :cool: seriously, better than my old much larger room. :D

Mo-Kay said:
I voted "other" since my bedroom is also..well..my bedroom, so it's not a spare,I even share it with my brother, so there isn't even a spare bedroom in the house!

Hey Mo....so if your bro's in the bedroom bangin' some chick right when you get an idea for a nice beat...you're screwed? Man that's gotta suck...but maybe he might let you join in or something?

It's in my bedroom which is bigger than your average bedroom. I didn't want a bed to take up too much room so I sleep on a couch.

13x26 Room (well area for now till up put up walls :D ) with 9' ceiling in the basement. It has a big 44" door out of the basement to make it easier to get equipment in and out w/o going through the house.

Our bedroom is quickly turning into a studio with a bed in it. My husband is a saint. Some of my son's gear will be going in here soon. We gotta get a bigger house or add on. Oh yeah, the dog likes it in here too.

HR gear-heads..you gotta love it.

GOODLAND said:
It's in my bedroom which is bigger than your average bedroom. I didn't want a bed to take up too much room so I sleep on a couch.

a true HR head.. bravo.... and may the fader gods be with you.. :)

my spare bedroom is no more.
its an ex-spare bedroom...and its always clean.
its actually cleaner and more organized than any other room in the house! :eek:

Why isnt there a "bedroom" option...see i dont have any space left to use in my house! I use my bedroom...but I'm moving out in like a year and a half...and want to buy my own house. HOPEFULLY build a studio SEPERATE from the house...but i'd LOVE to have an UNDERGROUND tunnel to get to it LMAO. I think that'd be SO cool!! And then have to go through 2 huge sound proof doors so nothing gets through....anyways lol... Me and my dreams... :D

Hey--- Who put their studio in their bathroom?:) I always sing better in the shower so that may not be a bad idea after all:D.

I used to have a in law apartment to myself, then my grandmother had to move in... now im in a room over my garage, ceiling in the center of the room is 6'8" then it slopes down... terrible acoustics and people always be hitting there heads, but oh well... my parents wont kick my sister out of the house, and my grandmothers still going strong... so looks like all be stuck in this terrible room tell i get old enough to move out on my own...

Back