Votes: 66 6.7%
  • Built a Freestanding Studio from the ground up

Votes: 32 3.2%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 89 9.0%
  • What's a studio?

Votes: 16 1.6%

• Total voters
Dining room/living room. L-shaped room with 11' vaulted ceiling. Approx 490sq ft.

I wanna replace the carpet with oak flooring. I've got 4- 42" x 90" gobos I built a couple years back that I use to treat my monitor setup. Eventually I want to build 4 slot resonators for the corners, and maybe hang some baffles overhead as well.

My desk is 1/3 of a big corner unit. I made a larger top for it (72" x 38") and I wish it was a foot wider now. I built 5 legs under it to support video and audio monitors.

The other piece I built was a 14-space rack over a 12" deep drawer. I'll bet that sucker weighs about 250lbs with all the cables and everything else loaded into it.

unfinished storage room in my basement. still unfinished, but i kinda like it.. its a cozy kind of unfinished.

Non-climate controlled 10'x20' storage shed in which I wire all electricity from a light bulb fixture.

pdadda said:
Non-climate controlled 10'x20' storage shed in which I wire all electricity from a light bulb fixture.

Nice. ha ha. where there's a will there's a ghetto way.

Mine's mostly in the living room and dining area. I'm gonna throw some rockwool panels up in the 2 bedrooms soon and start using those.

Just built a 1250 sq ft building just for recording........designed the floor plan myself, gonna be a helluva studio!!!!

I'm jealous of all of you with basements, storage sheds, granny flats, outhouses, etc.

Just moved from a house into a 1 bedroom apartment in Chicago. The studio used to be in a 900 sqare foot basement. Now it is in the corner of my living room. Bummer I can't play real drums or crank my 4x12 any more. The beauty is it's so easy to access and always within sight, I find myself playing with myself... I mean jamming, pottybrains... more often.

Lopp said:
I'm jealous of all of you with basements, storage sheds, granny flats, outhouses, etc.

Just moved from a house into a 1 bedroom apartment in Chicago. The studio used to be in a 900 sqare foot basement. Now it is in the corner of my living room. Bummer I can't play real drums or crank my 4x12 any more. The beauty is it's so easy to access and always within sight, I find myself playing with myself... I mean jamming, pottybrains... more often.
Chicago Wisconsin? :rolleyes:

Chicago is representin' on dis board these days :D

I had the basement refinished about two years ago. I got a 15x25 space out of the deal.

HELP! I'm trapped in a 10ft x 10ft area twixt the kitchen and living room!

We're hoping to move into a three bedroom soon so that I actually have a dedicated room to use.

Guess I'm lucky, when we bought our house we got a second older house with it. That was three years ago and the older house has slowly transformed into a studio/practice building. If time and money last it will continue to evolve into a better studio.

thats awesome, now sink some money into it, youll have a great studio/party house...

HEY UPGRADE YOUR LOCKS! a house like that with no inhabitants is asking for it. I just had my work laptop stolen from me, and my wedding ring. damn thieves will steal something priceless from ya, and seel it for 40 bux.....

oh well so is life... live it...

FW

If you live alone, or at least without children, upgrade your traps.
Locks only keep honest men out, or at best, slow down a determined thief.

Someone will bleed for my stuff. Never again...

Back