What's your Tascam product?

Strryder said:
Currently own..

MSR16S 1/2" 16 track w/remote - 2 tracks crackle ($800 or BO)

TSR-8 1/2" 8 track w/remote ($800)

202MKII dual cassette

M1600 24x8x2 mixer with meterbridge ($800 or BO)

M208 8x4x2 mixer - rackmount ($250)

Everything except the cassette deck is for sale, if anyone's interested, sorry about the spam.. I have switched over to Sonar 2.2XL and a Mackie 1642 mixer, and no longer need them, also for sale is a Mackie 24x8 w/meterbridge (1600 bucks).

Used to own..

38 1/2" 8 track (never had the noise reduction units tho)

M308-B 8x4x2x1 mixer

TASCAM used to make the best home recording gear...

Ahh .. the 'ol "went over to digital" bit, eh ? You're the Analog fans' best friend ;) . Come on, do you really wanna sell all this nice gear ?? :confused:

Daniel

cjacek said:
Ahh .. the 'ol "went over to digital" bit, eh ? You're the Analog fans' best friend ;) . Come on, do you really wanna sell all this nice gear ?? :confused:

Daniel

It would be tough to part with my TSR-8, and the little M208 mixer, they have been with me for quite a while.. :)

Now the 16 track and the big mixers.. I don't miss the wiring nightmare behind my rack, and the boatload of cheap compressors, not to mention the amount of space required for it..

I also don't like making mixer charts with trim, EQ, aux send, pan, fader, master and aux return levels, along with outboard effects patching, settings, and parameters all needing to be listed, as well as the cleaning, and demagnatizing, I don't miss that at all..

Then there's the slow wind on "play" for a nice even stack on the reel, "tails out", what? you want to work on a different song? that's on a different reel, we'll have to reset the mixer while this tape winds off, this might take a little while... :mad:

When I get the urge to record now, I can be rolling "tape" in less time than it takes for my guitar amp to warm up.. :D

Strryder said:
It would be tough to part with my TSR-8, and the little M208 mixer, they have been with me for quite a while.. :)

Now the 16 track and the big mixers.. I don't miss the wiring nightmare behind my rack, and the boatload of cheap compressors, not to mention the amount of space required for it..

I also don't like making mixer charts with trim, EQ, aux send, pan, fader, master and aux return levels, along with outboard effects patching, settings, and parameters all needing to be listed, as well as the cleaning, and demagnatizing, I don't miss that at all..

Then there's the slow wind on "play" for a nice even stack on the reel, "tails out", what? you want to work on a different song? that's on a different reel, we'll have to reset the mixer while this tape winds off, this might take a little while... :mad:

When I get the urge to record now, I can be rolling "tape" in less time than it takes for my guitar amp to warm up.. :D

Well, I really do hope that it all works out for ya! :) . On the other hand, I'd hate it if one day you realize that the "problems" that you had with your Analog gear was but a "walk in the park" compared to the newly found "reservations" you may have about recording to digital. Not now perhaps but in the near future. Choose wisely my friend for you may regret selling your Analog gear, I know I did. :(

Daniel

us428 connection to puter....

I have been dealing with the Tascam 428 for many years. Us it to interface puter and Cubase SX3 software. I call the 428 the Blue Bastard....you never know if it is going to work or not........sometimes I have to reload it's drivers and start all over. Would love to buy something more reliable...it will never be Tascam........they have burnt me on support and their products. I will go with some type of firewire input device.........but for now I go in the ring everytime I turn on the Blue....Bas.........we fight a few rounds..sometimes everything is OK...but that is sometimes.

Choctaw

Stuff I have:

M-216 mixer
M-208 mixer
246 portastudio
TSR-8 1/2" 8-track w/remote
22-2 1/4" half-track (X2)
PB-32R Patchbay
PB-32P Patchbay
M-1B Line Mixer (X2)
102 MKII Cassette Deck

Stuff I had but no longer have:

144 portastudio
244 portastudio
112B Cassette Deck
System 20 mixer and eq modules

Stuff I've used or touched but don't own: :)

MSR-16
388 Studio 8
M-320 Mixer
122 Cassette Deck

Pobably something I'm forgetting -- I keep finding stuff I didn't know I had. :D

Last edited:
Just one for me.....Tascam 414mkII Portastudio; although I plan on buying the Tascam Us0428 Interface to replace it.

Beck said:
System 20 mixer and eq modules

I very briefly played with the System 20 with eq modules and that is probably the only TASCAM "vintage" gear that I'd recommend people stay far away from. Cheap all the way through .... Felt more like a plastic toy than anything else ... :eek:

~Daniel

I don't know if I have done this or not but here goes:

TASCAM 388 Studio 8
TASCAM 244 (x2)
TASCAM 34B
TASCAM M30
TEAC 2A mixer with meter bridge
TEAC A-3440 (x2)

:D

Man, like Lazarus, rising from the dead....

Currenty:
Tascam 788 Portastudio (it just keeps going and going and going)
Teac 512S SCSI CD-ROM

Want:
Tascam 2488 - as soon as the pay off a few things -- it will be mine.

bruce

cjacek said:
I very briefly played with the System 20 with eq modules and that is probably the only TASCAM "vintage" gear that I'd recommend people stay far away from. Cheap all the way through .... Felt more like a plastic toy than anything else ... :eek:

~Daniel

Yep, that’s it. The only thing I will give it is that it was a great learning tool for understanding signal flow, since you had to use RCA jumpers for everything. It also looked really cool sitting next to the 144 portastudio because it had the same style knobs and was the same color. :)

Noisy as hell too. :(

Stuff I almost own:
A 32 sitting in Auckland just waiting to be sent down!

Stuff I've used (various mk's):
112R
CD150
CD401
CD450
CD701
MD350
MSR-16
US-122

Wish list*:
MSR-16 or TSR-8†
BR-20

*Donations accepted, even if they're not on this list.
†I have a soft spot for the MSR-16, its the only Tascam I've done 'real' studio recording on. Live classical stuff as either been on cassette (Teac V680), a Sony MD and most recently through the US-122.

just starting out. 414mkII portastudio. still getting a feel for it but it's been real friendly so far. i'd recomend it for a beginner.

Back