What's the point?

After the day I had today, it's strange this thread came up....At this very moment, it wouldn't take me very much at all to just sell all my shit & forget about it....Seriously, I just can't even begin to tell you guys what a fuckin' shitty, terrible, pissy day I've had...

If I don't change my mind, I'm very likely to just sell off all this shit & move on, it's been that fuckin' bad today....

Sorry to hear that miner. I hope today is better than yesterday.

---------- Update ----------

Damn, wtf happened?

^^ This ^^

Ok guys, here it comes....

I'm over my pissed at the world day I had yesterday, but holy fuck what a day...

Just having a hard time here guys, everything I touched yesterday turned to shit, including my vehicle, about 2-3 hours away from the house. I couldn't get in touch with anybody to come get me & was stranded on the side of the road for about 5 hours...Nobody was at home or answering the phone, anywhere...So a little road trip I took that should've taken about 6-8 hours tops ended up taking about 12-14 hours, & I still have to go back to get my vehicle in the next day or so...Just a shitty, shitty day....

But, I'm over it now...:D.

Ok guys, here it comes....

I'm over my pissed at the world day I had yesterday, but holy fuck what a day...

Just having a hard time here guys, everything I touched yesterday turned to shit, including my vehicle, about 2-3 hours away from the house. I couldn't get in touch with anybody to come get me & was stranded on the side of the road for about 5 hours...Nobody was at home or answering the phone, anywhere...So a little road trip I took that should've taken about 6-8 hours tops ended up taking about 12-14 hours, & I still have to go back to get my vehicle in the next day or so...Just a shitty, shitty day....

But, I'm over it now...:D.
Great. Now will you sell me all your gear for 500 quid and ship it to the UK?

Not all people are able to play an instrument, not all people have the "music in them" .. IMO it's a blessing and a curse but I'll take it...

Having the day to day life and business distractions ...sneaking out to my back room for a few hours of guilty pleasure jamming is most often damn fun.

The wife tolerates it, totally believes in me as a songwriter but doesn't get the playing addiction...It's my heroine and I need it.

So what's the point? Managing your expectations... If you're in it for adulation or money, you're most likely going to find yourself being disappointed and frustrated. If it is providing you with satisfaction, if it is like riding down a twisted mountain road in an awesome sports car at 90 miles an hour keep on keeping on.

I definitely don't mind ata-boys and money if and when it happens but the pleasure I get out of just laying it down leaves me a-ok and overpaid.

Not all people are able to play an instrument, not all people have the "music in them" .. IMO it's a blessing and a curse but I'll take it...

Having the day to day life and business distractions ...sneaking out to my back room for a few hours of guilty pleasure jamming is most often damn fun.

The wife tolerates it, totally believes in me as a songwriter but doesn't get the playing addiction...It's my heroine and I need it.

So what's the point? Managing your expectations... If you're in it for adulation or money, you're most likely going to find yourself being disappointed and frustrated. If it is providing you with satisfaction, if it is like riding down a twisted mountain road in an awesome sports car at 90 miles an hour keep on keeping on.

I definitely don't mind ata-boys and money if and when it happens but the pleasure I get out of just laying it down leaves me a-ok and overpaid.

Well said. I was just having a hard time and needed some perspective. This helps a lot.

You need to keep in mind that no one else cares what you do, so just enjoy the process for yourself. If you spend a day tweaking mic placement, so what? At least you're doing something productive. You said yourself you have no deadlines, so take that blessing and use it to get better for your own enjoyment.

This, a thousand times over!!!!!

Make no mistake about it, it's a blessing to be able to spend an entire week/day/end moving a mic 4/634's of a millimeter to get "that" sound.

To quote The Internet, "first world problems, bro."

you get to start shopping for new gear.

Brilliant!

I'm gonna start selling everything right fucking now.

As soon as I figure out how to get anything for my crap.

And I'm not selling the LP.

Or my old Epi LP with the awesome vintage DiMarzio.

Or my Vantage. I think I'll hang on to the Explorer GT, too. It's kinda neat. And the Dano 12. And the turquoise metalflake Dano triple pickup. That thing's really pretty. Or my old Mustang bass. Or the newer upright. That Epi EB-O sounds pretty darn good too. And that old whatever it is acoustic bass that sounds a lot like an upright. I wouldn't get much for it anyway, might as well keep it. I wouldn't get much for the Yamaha classical I got from Scrubs, and I don't know which Yamaha classical that is, so I might as well keep both. And the SX strat with the perfect swamp ash body. I gotta get a new neck for that.

And I sure as hell am not gonna sell my first amp, or my '65 blackface Vibro-Champ, or my sixties Musicmaster or my fifties Vega. I need to remember to get that refinished.

I suppose I could sell the electric sitar. I don't know. I'm on the fence about that.

I could sell some of the other crap, but I probably wouldn't get enough out of it to be worth the hassle.

jimi, so far your idea isn't working out too well.

.....and for those that have had an absolute **** of a day, listen to this, get inspired, make some music.

:thumbs up:

Well minerman, maybe this will make you feel better:
ovet the last 2 weeks...
the a/c compresser went out in my wife's car ($650)
they saw one front axel needs replacing ($189)
a/c feed line started leaking on daughters car ($450)
the battery had seeped and misted the fuse box and coroded it ($165)
new battery for her car ($110)
I just bought tires for 3 of our vehicles ($1400)
then the water pump goes out on that piece of shit car of my daughters. I decide that I'm off Wed so I will replace it myself....
When I get home, with the part, the fuckin compressor on my home central air unit is out....
also, my freezer went out and the food thawed out.
Did I mention it was 105 degrees here while this is all going on.and I had to take the window air unit out of my studio to temporarily suffice in the house?

Last edited:
Well minerman, maybe this will make you feel better:
ovet the last 2 weeks...
the a/c compresser went out in my wife's car ($650)
they saw one front axel needs replacing ($189)
a/c feed line started leaking on daughters car ($450)
the battery had seeped and misted the fuse box and coroded it ($165)
new battery for her car ($110)
I just bought tires for 3 of our vehicles ($1400)
then the water pump goes out on that piece of shit car of my daughters. I decide that I'm off Wed so I will replace it myself....
When I get home, with the part, the fuckin compressor on my home central air unit is out....
also, my freezer went out and the food thawed out.
Did I mention it was 105 degrees here while this is all going on.and I had to take the window air unit out of my studio to temporarily suffice in the house?

Damn someone put the vooddoo on youdoo!

My week was not quite that bad...but far from perfect..
I guess it is no coincidence that when it gets hotter than hell the things that we use to keep us cool break..
We've been having triple digits here this week..

AC on the Father in laws car went out....but a $40 can of freon and adapter at Harbor Freight fixed that..

AC at home went out ..I trouble shot it and after eliminating the fuses and starter capacitor, assumed the compressor had finally gave up the ghost.
Stared hunting down a new system and while talking to my cousin he mentioned making sure that both legs on the breaker were feeding through to the other side..said that the fact that the compressor sort of hummed sounded like it was only getting one leg of the 220..that checked out OK..but it got me thinking...I pulled the relay out and looked at the contacts...they didn't look real bad but I filed / cleaned em up ...Bam! AC was fixed... Rockstar!

Mother in laws swamp cooler fails.... shit! I go over there and after fiddle farting around decide the motor was gone..I had a spare in my garage..installed it...nope...it was one of the bearings on the fan was hanging...

No sweat right? Wrong! It was the bearing behind the Pulley... I could not for the life of me get that damn aluminum pulley off. I'd removed the set screws squirted it with loosener...no way...broke out the gear puller...DAMN! could not get it to give...ended up having to break the sucker off..

Wasted about 6 hours screwing with it then found a dude on Craigslist selling brand new scratch n dent swamp coolers for $280.. Another 6 hours tearing the old one out and installing the new one and building the pedestal for it.

The fact that I am self employed and could drop everything and get this shit fixed, had the tools and the savy to do it is pretty cool...but the hottest week of summer so far...sheesh!

Back