What's goin' on with everybody

I've been debating back and forth with myself to post or not post.
Over the course of 35+ years I re-established a great relationship with my ex wife and her husband. Additionally, the past 35 years also provided my ex wife with a myriad of heath issues. Breast cancer, nearly catastrophic heart failure necessitating implantations of a defibrillator and another device to keep her alive.
All was fine for a number of years up until a few months ago when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. She went the chemotherapy route for a month or so, but overall, the chemo was doing more harm than good.
All three of my daughters flew to California to visit and spend time her early in May.

Two days ago I got a call from her husband informing me that it was only a matter of a few hours. Three hours later, 1:19 AM EST, I got that distraught phone call. It was left to me to contact all three of my daughters, wake them up in the middle of the night to......

Life is short. Make the most of it while you're still here.
That’s rough, sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear that, 60s guy. Particularly for your/her daughters. Losing your mother, that's a turning the page tough thing to deal with.

Just make sure there's no coolant in the oil. There might also be a 12V/120V power inverter tucked away in there somewhere.
There is. There are two deep cycle marine batteries. There is a solar panel on the roof. There is a panel
in the interior that shows a red, yellow and green light. It goes to yellow (charging), to green (charged) periodically.
There is like a small square digital readout next to that panel with a switch. When I hit the switch it is showing between
14.0 and 18.0 at different times and am wondering if it is monitoring the Marine batteries. There are various switches in the
van labeled 12 or 120 volt. Besides the marine batteries it has the standard under the hood batterie. I don't know what is running
off what yet. I am not sure if the fridge is electric or gas, I have to do some more research.

Life is short. Make the most of it while you're still here.
Wow just saw this...Sorry Randy for the sadness and grief you are all going through. Be strong for your girls and the dad you have always been for them.
If you're heading out to Cali for the celebration of life and are up to it, hit me up and maybe we can break some bread while you're here. Hang tough dude.

just the usual .... gigging 5-7 gigs a week and starting in July they all go to 5 hour gigs till the end of August ...... mo' money ... mo' money ... mo' money!

Reactions: TAE
I just spent a day chopping up pallets for winter fuel.
The process is, first remove the blocks by brute force, with a sledge hammer.
Next, saw up the lengths to a size that fit in the woodburner.
I have around 15 pallets to saw up by hand tomorrow.
An electric saw or chainsaw would defeat the object of being eco.
This is all locally sourced bio-fuel, as I aqcuired them from my plasterer neighbour.
Chopping Pallets.png

I finished the plastic on the walls of the green house and bracing it today. Then I went out to the van with a meter, checked the two batteries, they are charged so the solar system is charging the batteries. Traced down some wiring for some interior lights that weren't working. Did some research on the fridge and found it will work on gas, AC or DC. I am trying to find out if it works now. I paid the gent for the rims and tires yesterday and will have them by the weekend.

I just spent a day chopping up pallets for winter fuel.
The process is, first remove the blocks by brute force, with a sledge hammer.
Next, saw up the lengths to a size that fit in the woodburner.
I have around 15 pallets to saw up by hand tomorrow.
An electric saw or chainsaw would defeat the object of being eco.
This is all locally sourced bio-fuel, as I aqcuired them from my plasterer neighbour.
View attachment 130125
We used to get these 4x4 oak pallets in work all the time. Each pallet would get me four hours. I would cut them up with a chain saw
and just collect the nails after it burned. I could calculate how many hours of heat I had easily.

Reactions: TAE
HA! I just went 9 rounds (2.5 Hrs) with my USB Printer/Copier/Fax - and I WON !!!! HA !!! Take that, you SOB !!!

There I was, crawling through the jungle on my belly . . . wait . . . wrong day. . .

There I was, cruzin' along this morning, gettin' things done. I go to my desktop to print a copy of something and . . . printer-no-print! WTF! Everything else is working, just not printing. Diagnostics sez drivers and spoolers are in, up and running. No problems detected. Again.. WTF?!

Repairing the app did nothing. Reinstalling the drivers did nothing. Uninstalling the device went haywire. PC wouldn't recognize it when I went to reinstall it. I had to completely uninstall all the software and start from scratch, reinstalling as new install. That did it! All is well in spantown again.

I can't do it here in Texas because there's no public land here. But when I lived in California - I quite enjoyed the freedom of taking an old printer or other failed hardware gizmo out into the canyon and introducing it to my 12 gauge shotgun. When all else failed, of course.:-)

I used to do that when I lived in Virginia. A bunch of us would go to one of several friend's farms with our guns. We'd bring all kinds of old, broken down stuff to shoot at. We'd even pick up a couple 6-packs of some kind of carbonated beverage for targets - they explode wonderfully and rain down on everything.

Man, y'all all violent and stuff. Y'all do know them AIs is listening 'bout y'all shootin' up they friends and ancestors, doncha? 12 gauge shootin' up they kin and whatnot, Hal said cain't do that.

Last edited:
Back