What's goin' on with everybody

What's going on is...

I've had the radio on while puttering around, Pop station at times. I've heard it and now have this happy yet slightly melancholy Pop tune stuck in my head. Either haven't paid attention or they just haven't mentioned who/what it is. Seems someone in the past here in HR dot com has said there is a site where you can hum/sing a few notes of a song and it will suggest what song it might be? Although it's kind of stuck in my head I am a bit vague except for kind of a lead-in bit on the keys. Rather than hum/sing that bit I would probably just do it on my acoustic into my phone. I checked the Pop charts but didn't recognize anything as being the tune.
Google browser's front page has the search bar in the center of the screen. The right side of that bar has a mic and image icon. You need to have your microphone enabled on the device your using, then click the mic icon and say "What's this song" or click the "Search a song" button. I've never used it, and with Google's new version of image search not working so hot, I have no idea if this song search will return good results.

What's going on is...

I've had the radio on while puttering around, Pop station at times. I've heard it and now have this happy yet slightly melancholy Pop tune stuck in my head. Either haven't paid attention or they just haven't mentioned who/what it is. Seems someone in the past here in HR dot com has said there is a site where you can hum/sing a few notes of a song and it will suggest what song it might be? Although it's kind of stuck in my head I am a bit vague except for kind of a lead-in bit on the keys. Rather than hum/sing that bit I would probably just do it on my acoustic into my phone. I checked the Pop charts but didn't recognize anything as being the tune.
I think the site you mentioned is Shazam.

I thought Beat Shazam was just a game show, but apparently it's based on an internet song searching database. https://www.shazam.com/

Sometimes I like to make a nice meal, and scoff it while listening to a favourite CD.
I have a separate CD player going to an 'integrated' separate Sony Amp.
All of a sudden it just goes quiet, while the CD player continues trying to play.
I wasn't sure which component was at fault.
Today I fed the player into a roland Street Cube, proving the CD player is good.
Previously just jogging the amp brought it back to life temporarily.
I opened up the Sony amp, and poked around, while feeding a recording into it.
In the centre of the main power amp board is what appears to be a relay.
Poking it with a screwdriver, made the amp intermittently work and not work.
I could hear relay clicking noises.
I guess it is part of a soft power-on mechanism, which only connects to the speakers after the amp is stable.
After re-assembling the amp, it successfully played a whole Kraftwerk CD, 'Man Machine'.
I know where to look next time.

The red on the A-pillars and doors looks to be the original color. That cupholder on the engine cover reminds me of when I sold conversion van goodies back in '74-'75. I was selling parts at an aftermarket jobber and the big boss thought it would be a great idea to get into the hippie van conversion business. Talk about the cheapest, no-good products. . . The cupholders were the only items of decent construction - they were solid plywood with stain or poly finishes. Some had cheap plastic appliques.

p.s. This would be a great opportunity for you to upgrade. How many hi-res displays could you cram into the center section? :drunk:

The red on the A-pillars and doors looks to be the original color. That cupholder on the engine cover reminds me of when I sold conversion van goodies back in '74-'75. I was selling parts at an aftermarket jobber and the big boss thought it would be a great idea to get into the hippie van conversion business. Talk about the cheapest, no-good products. . . The cupholders were the only items of decent construction - they were solid plywood with stain or poly finishes. Some had cheap plastic appliques.

p.s. This would be a great opportunity for you to upgrade. How many hi-res displays could you cram into the center section? :drunk:
Are you accusing me of wanton disregard for internet etiquette?

They thought I couldn't get those back doors open. The right door took me about four hours. The left door about two.
I drilled a hole pattern, cut out a section with tin snips. Still couldn't get them open. On the right door I drilled three 5/16
in the lock housing, chiseled through the the rest. spread it open with a pry bar and got in there with the hammer and chisel.
On the right side I had some experience, you can see where i have the wrench, I unbolted the retainers top and bottom.
I also got the seats out today and started ripping out the old dirty carpet. Tomorrow I will go and pick up an orbital sander
and some sanding discs and start on the rust. I have never done body work before but I think I can tackle the little stuff.

Attachments

• BACKDOOR`.jpg
    BACKDOOR`.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • BACKDOOR2.jpg
    BACKDOOR2.jpg
  • BACKDOOR3.jpg
    BACKDOOR3.jpg
  • BACKDOOR4.jpg
    BACKDOOR4.jpg
Last edited:
Damn. Were they just rusted shut? Might have been easier to cut the van away from the doors :drunk:
They were rusted shut and all the linkage was broken. They probably hadn't been opened in at least ten years..
As I stated, I couldn't take the panels off from the inside unless I removed the toilet, sink, fridge, stove shower and
cabinet. Much easier to remove them when the doors are off lol. I have to check all connections for gas and water and
trace wiring. Next is to get the bed out. The water storage tank, solar batteries, gas tank etc, is all under there. I need
to clean it all up and check everything.

Pulled the seats and doghouse and pulled all the old carpet out of the front. Washed the floor down, have to do it again. Started sanding the rust spots and will repaint
the floor. Moving along. The yellow in the pics is the stain from the old glue holding the carpet down, it is not rust.

Attachments

• floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • floor1.jpg
    floor1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • floor2.jpg
    floor2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Back