What's goin' on with everybody

One of the first things I noticed was the lack of a 120VAC window AC unit hanging out the back window :eek:

b.jpg

Pro'ly din't come with one o' these either

a.jpg

A working engine. A working transmission. A working 8-Track . . . That's all you need, right?
It runs strong and great. Shifts well. Stops. Likes to pull left on the first pump. The stove is working, I can hear and smell the gas. I wasn't about to light it until I check all connections etc. The pump for the water is working, I can hear the pump when I flip the switch. There is a solar panel on top with a control inside that shows it is fully charged? I have no idea how that works. I will have to look into that. The fridge has a switch for 12 or 120 volt. I can plug it into my outdoor socket and see if that is working. The fan exhaust system is working. The back doors have been permanently shut, I guess because the toilet and shower are back there. I will see about getting them working again. One side door won't open, I don't know how I am going to get into that yet, the sink and stove are in the way. She needs tires. There is a slow oil leak somewhere that I will have to find. There is a slow power steering fluid leak I will have to fix. There is a small leak at the top of the radiator that I have to see to. I drove her home 45 miles with no problems. The gent I bought her from said he had to top off the radiator and power steering every now and then. He drove it back and forth to NY and VA a few times and told me after 18 hrs of driving he had to add a court of oil. I can see the oil in the front section underneath so I don't think it is any rear seal or anything the engine would need to come out for. Could be valve covers etc. Not much I can't handle except for some body work which I have never done. She should be totally ready by next spring but I could take her out now.

Just make sure there's no coolant in the oil. There might also be a 12V/120V power inverter tucked away in there somewhere.

Just make sure there's no coolant in the oil. There might also be a 12V/120V power inverter tucked away in there somewhere.
First thing I checked for were blown head gaskets. Nothing in the oil, nothing coming out of the exhaust.

The wife had me put an exterior lock with a key on the bedroom door. She locked both sets of keys in the bedroom. Now she wants me to get a ladder and go up to the casement window that is open and get in. I told her that isn't happening. Then I told her, remember how I used to be able to pick any straight lock with a serrated edged steak knife? So, I got out a steak knife, ground the width down so it would fit and proceeded to pick the lock. I haven't lost my touch although it took me quite a bit longer than in the old days.

That makes perfect sense. How else was she gonna lock all the keys away? I used to live in a ground floor 3-bedroom apartment with a sunken patio entrance. I used my mini pocket knife as a key to the patio door.

That makes perfect sense. How else was she gonna lock all the keys away? I used to live in a ground floor 3-bedroom apartment with a sunken patio entrance. I used my mini pocket knife as a key to the patio door.
Back in the day I could open any vending machine, take whatever I wanted and lock it in less than two minutes.

Oh! I recognize you now.. You're the guy who played that baby in Please Don't Eat The Daisies 1960 that could open any lock with only his jelly-covered fingers. Yeah. Ok.

a.jpg

I'm not laughing. I'm applauding.

Steve McQueen would have just tapped the lock with the side of his hand.

I've never picked a lock, but I did once have to gain entry to my VW Beetle, after locking my key inside it.
Turned out it is dead easy to get into a Beetle. Just lift the unlockable hood, and reach through the glove compartment.

I once asked the wife where something was. She said, "it's in my glove compartment, why don't you go and get it." So I reached between her legs and started to
grab as only Trump knows how. She starts yelling at me, what the hell are you doing. I told her, "you said it was in your love compartment and to go and get it."

I've been debating back and forth with myself to post or not post.
Over the course of 35+ years I re-established a great relationship with my ex wife and her husband. Additionally, the past 35 years also provided my ex wife with a myriad of heath issues. Breast cancer, nearly catastrophic heart failure necessitating implantations of a defibrillator and another device to keep her alive.
All was fine for a number of years up until a few months ago when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. She went the chemotherapy route for a month or so, but overall, the chemo was doing more harm than good.
All three of my daughters flew to California to visit and spend time her early in May.

Two days ago I got a call from her husband informing me that it was only a matter of a few hours. Three hours later, 1:19 AM EST, I got that distraught phone call. It was left to me to contact all three of my daughters, wake them up in the middle of the night to......

Life is short. Make the most of it while you're still here.

Back