Well I think MAc are overrated

Personally, I'm a PC guy. I built my own for my senior project in high school, I've used them since I was a kid, and they're cheaper for the exact same specs.
The last part is my main miff with Apple. People tell me that "Apple has it's own hardware," and they think Apple makes everything themselves... But if you go to Apple.com, you'll see that they use ATI video cards, Intel processors, and simple 1333MHz DDR3 RAM (for most of their computers. Some have different specs, but my point still stands...)
We use Macs for audio production at my college, and those things have more problems than I've ever experienced with my PC that's a year older than them. And that's using them for only an hour a day, two days a week.
But I'm ranting. I could keep going depicting every reason I hate Apple and their products, but I'm sure I'll start a hate war on here if I do...
My opinion: PCs > Macs.

my main rig is a PC...I also have an imac and a macbook pro...they are better built and more stable than my PC

whenever a piece of software is unstable on my PC, if I can, I check it on my mac and it always works without flaw...every time I installl a new piece of hardware into my PC it nearly always needs tweaking, reinstalling, change usb port...Mac? plug and play

happened today with maschine...crashed three times this morning, did the same thing that was causing the crash on my mac...no problem

if it wasnt for some PC specific stuff I have Id have moved over by now...but macs are better built machines in general and the operating system is superior for music applications imho

my main rig is a PC...I also have an imac and a macbook pro...they are better built and more stable than my PC

whenever a piece of software is unstable on my PC, if I can, I check it on my mac and it always works without flaw...every time I installl a new piece of hardware into my PC it nearly always needs tweaking, reinstalling, change usb port...Mac? plug and play

happened today with maschine...crashed three times this morning, did the same thing that was causing the crash on my mac...no problem

if it wasnt for some PC specific stuff I have Id have moved over by now...but macs are better built machines in general and the operating system is superior for music applications imho

Yeah, maschine weirds out on me sometimes :(
Is it less CPU hoggy on your mac?

Yeah, maschine weirds out on me sometimes :(
Is it less CPU hoggy on your mac?

my PC's a beast and I rarely run it outside of Ableton so I never look at CPU...never had a crash with the Mikro though, had the Maschine controller freeze on me and two PC crashes this morning...

everytime I get a new piece of hardware i swear lol

everything feels smoother on the MAC, I know some of its aesthetics, but software is definitely more stable

Im here for those MAC users in the forum prove to me how MAC are better than PC cause my boyfriend is a computer geek and he actually told that is bullshit MAC and PC are just a piece of trash but MAC is more trash cause is a expensive trash can MAC pro is bullshit I know some might get pissed because of it but i really wanna know why some of you like it??? and just you know just in case you wonder yes i have a work with MAC pro back when i was in college and i saw it died like a piece of trash.

Como say yama my little PR mama! Come see me and I'll make you forget all about the entire MAC vs PC crap!

:laughings:

Im here for those MAC users in the forum prove to me how MAC are better than PC cause my boyfriend is a computer geek and he actually told that is bullshit MAC and PC are just a piece of trash but MAC is more trash cause is a expensive trash can MAC pro is bullshit I know some might get pissed because of it but i really wanna know why some of you like it??? and just you know just in case you wonder yes i have a work with MAC pro back when i was in college and i saw it died like a piece of trash.

I'll just say that whatever computer you may have used in grade & high school obviously didn't work for you. You might want to learn how to communicate in something that better resembles English. Either a PC or a Mac can help you with that.

Basically, if you need to use Logic/Final Cut/Aperture, get a mac.

Otherwise, they both do the same things, just in different ways, much like the different DAWs you will be using. So really, just figure out which makes you more productive, which one you feel more comfortable in... and go with it.

You can always install windows on a mac...

I personally like Apple's products and the workflow associated with them, but I have used Windows and Linux (to varying degrees of success). Hell, I used to work at Gateway.

I went to school with someone that bought a macbook. For garageband. Not logic. Not because they likes macs. They just wanted garageband after seeing someone use it. Lol. Most expensive entry to recording ever.

For what it does, Garageband is a pretty good program. Especially considering if you end up buying Logic, all the loops and plugins transfer seamlessly. I like opening up garage band to lay down some ideas or practice, then opening up Logic or Pro Tools when I'm ready to track.

Ive used garageband on my ipad and the project opens straight into logic, its a great application for on the go sketching

Yeah, it's certainly one of the pluses of a mac. especially if you make music.
but I don't know that I could like any DAW enough to pay $1500 for it.

oh. btw guys,

Back